Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/20/13: morning

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
200 Fr/200 IM drill
200 Shark Swim
200 Loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/1000 yds
---------------------------------

Easy swim before work*today.* I ended up doing some more exercising after my swim yesterday - went for a*1.7mile*jog and biked 2.6 miles after my*1.7mileswim... That is perhaps as close to a*triathlon*as I'll ever get!* My legs aren't too trashed*today, and although my knees ached last night they are fine now.* I'm thinking of adding in some jogging a couple of times a week (mind you, I jog for two-three blocks, then walk for a couple at this point).* We'll see how long this insanity plays out* ...

Submit "Workout 09/20/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/20/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/20/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/20/13: morning" to Google

Comments

Wow - what brought this on? Glad you're feeling OK after the exercise binge. I started running after I got back from Alaska - a few times a week and just like you - short runs with walking in between. I'm up to 4 mile continuous runs now. Good to start real nice and easy and slow since those injuries can creep in much more easily on land.

I really ought to be in bed now - I have to do your workout in a few hours!
    I like to run on occasions too, though it's kinda mandatory for reserves. It does impact my swimming in a negative way so I approach it like a sprinter, doing sets like 10 x 40-60m near max sprint runs on 1:00, walking for recovery. I only do this once a week or less.

I put this approach to the test yesterday for our annual POW/MIA 48 hour relay (to remeber those). I was able to comfortably run 30 min at an easy 9min pace. This is with just 4 or so miles of running collectively logged this entire year.

Running has got to be the simplest and quickest method to burn fat, achieve fitness and (unfortunately) receive an injury available.