View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Sept 22

Rate this Entry
by , September 22nd, 2013 at 07:01 PM (392 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

600 various
4 x 50 scull @ :10 RI
4 x 50 free, descend to 200 pace @ 1:00
50 EZ
6 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ
6 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
50 EZ

Main Sets:

4 x 25 burst SDK + curise @ 1:00
4 x 30 burst + cruise from the blocks
100 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP from the blocks + 75 EZ)
-- 2 free (11 flats even with poor breakouts), back (12)
50 EZ

3 x broken 100 fly + 100 EZ
50 EZ

10 x 50 backstroke kick w/fins, under 12.5 each 25 @ 1:00
50 EZ

4 x 50 caterpillar fly drill @ :15 RI
10 EZ

Total: 3575

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made it to Pitt in the early afternoon. Better to come after 2:00 when the club team isn't there. But I had a lovely hike in the woods planned later with Jimby and Lil Fort and our dogs and Jeremy/Jocely and their new puppy. The puppies loved it! I'm a bit surprised our 9 week old puppy made it that far and was still ready to play. She's sleeping hard now! No swim tomorrow as I have to spend all afternoon waiting at the house for a delivery. I will try to squeak in some scarce drylands. I ordered a 25 lb kettleball. I need to hang my TRX too ...

Submit "Sunday, Sept 22" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Sept 22" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Sept 22" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Sept 22" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I was excited to try TRX this semester at the Rec, but the class times didn't work. I think it's cross-listed as a PE class (though that would be a lot more expensive) and has to use regular class periods. Alas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I was excited to try TRX this semester at the Rec, but the class times didn't work. I think it's cross-listed as a PE class (though that would be a lot more expensive) and has to use regular class periods. Alas.
    That's too bad. I had mine hanging in the garage. Better to try it first before you buy one. They're pretty pricey. Anywhere else to take classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That's too bad. I had mine hanging in the garage. Better to try it first before you buy one. They're pretty pricey. Anywhere else to take classes?
    I didn't see anywhere else and I doubt anyone else will beat their price of $40 per semester. I don't have any place to hang it - no garage, no basement. Maybe next semester it will be a better schedule. In the summer they did it early mornings.
    what are the chances you could sneak me in to Pitt on the weekends? Does the security guard pay more attention when it's not a scheduled Masters practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    what are the chances you could sneak me in to Pitt on the weekends? Does the security guard pay more attention when it's not a scheduled Masters practice?
    There is another guy on the team (Vlad doc with Pitt ID) who brings a guest sometimes. I bet we could do it. I haven't had any issues; I just tell them I'm the masters coach there for rec swim. Some of the guards know me now. You really have to go after 2. There looks to be a college club team there earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    There is another guy on the team (Vlad doc with Pitt ID) who brings a guest sometimes. I bet we could do it. I haven't had any issues; I just tell them I'm the masters coach there for rec swim. Some of the guards know me now. You really have to go after 2. There looks to be a college club team there earlier.
    I promise to try to fill Speedo's suit.