View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 52 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I woke feeling good this morning, although a couple of extra hours sleep would have been great. When I got to the pool the water level was down more than a foot and the pool pump was not running. The coach turned the pump back on but the water level was low the entire workout which made it a little choppy. I felt really good during the main set but by the end was beat.

Warm up
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
4x(300,200,,100) pull with paddles on 1.10 base
100 easy
6x200 with snorkel overkick on 2.40
3x100 kick on 1.50

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4800scy

We ran out of time on the kick set or else I believe we would have had about a 5500 yard workout. The 3,2,1 set felt really strong and I held 1min pace throughout, except the last 200 where I went 1.57, and the last 100 where I went 57. The 200s with snorkel were active recovery And I held 2.15s, but my legs really hurt.

Submit "Week 52 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 52 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 52 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 52 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

How long are your workouts, time-wise?
    you are killing it
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    How long are your workouts, time-wise?
    They are scheduled for an hour but I try to get in early so they can be upto 75 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    you are killing it
    thanks Mark. I am working my tail off with the hope that I will have a great season. Despite the pain associated with pushing hard I am having a lot of fun, which really helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    They are scheduled for an hour but I try to get in early so they can be upto 75 minutes.
    You guys really push a lot of yards in a short time. Not many masters teams (at least ones I've seen) drop the kinds of sets and intensity you're doing. Very good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You guys really push a lot of yards in a short time. Not many masters teams (at least ones I've seen) drop the kinds of sets and intensity you're doing. Very good work.
    My group definately swims a lot of high yardage, high intensity, short rest, sets, and our coach does a nice job of keeping it pretty fresh. Most of the other swimmers in my group swim less reps and less overall yardage than me but they are still doing high yardage, high intensity sets just a different base. Like most masters programs we have various levels and somehow our coach manages to keep us all interested and moving.