View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Monday early morning, September 23, 2013 6:30-7:35am

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Yeah, that's early in my book now. I have to get a few things done this morning, so wanted to get my chlorine fix beforehand. Plus with not having to work yesterday, it was a little easier to get going this morning.

I got in the pool as the morning rush crowd was leaving, so I had a lane to myself, as did most of the other people. There tends to be a second wave of people that comes in during this period though, and my lane was the last one to try to be double occupied. Nice. Once I was in the middle of my IM/Kicking set, and an older fellow was going to join me. He asked, and I said "it doesn't bother me". It was at that point that I was pushing off to start a 200 IM. On my return length I noticed he moved over to another lane. What is it with butterfly that scares people off, or is it me? I also overheard some "Michael Phelps" comments from a few folks this morning.

Warmup:
400 Free
200 Flutter Kick w/ board
8 x 100 Free Pull @ 1:30
(1400/1400)

3 Rounds:
  • 200 Flutter Kick build w/ board @ 4:00
  • 2 x 200 IM @ 3:15 (2:40-2:45s) again, my back and breast are just horrible now

(1800/3200)

200 EZ and out

---------------------------
3400 Yards

Submit "Monday early morning, September 23, 2013 6:30-7:35am" to Digg Submit "Monday early morning, September 23, 2013 6:30-7:35am" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday early morning, September 23, 2013 6:30-7:35am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday early morning, September 23, 2013 6:30-7:35am" to Google

Comments

i always take it as a quiet personal victory, when lap swimmers go out of their way to avoid my lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    i always take it as a quiet personal victory, when lap swimmers go out of their way to avoid my lane.
    I tend to swim on one side of the lane, kind of the "YMCA rule" for lap swimming at our place...moreso to invite a person to split the lane with me. Occasionally I've had people try to stop me in the middle of a flip turn to ask if they can swim with me. That part is so annoying.

I even saw one time that a lane tried swimming with 3 people in it, just so that they could avoid my lane.
    Sometimes, I will start doing butterfly when I see that someone might get in my lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Sometimes, I will start doing butterfly when I see that someone might get in my lane.
    That works too.
    Fly is just a tricky stroke for splitting lanes, even if you're a good swimmer.