View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 09/24/13: evening

Rate this Entry
Went for another job before exchange student one's soccer game yesterday, 2.17 miles in 28 minutes. Felt a little tightness across my left knee to start, but it eased up and I felt pretty good. Still no major residual leg fatigue or soreness the next day, so my plan is to keep up with jogging every four days.

Got into the pool tonight after supper for Masters swim. Just me and GregJS again tonight for:

300 Swim/200 pull/100 kick (did 250 pull)

12 x 100 on :15 sr (did 15 on 1:30)
- 75 swim, 25 kick no board

5 minutes extra here, so we did some pulling with buoy:
I did 350 (Greg rocked out 300)

10 x 50 on 1:00
- 25 Kick/25 swim
1-6 = FAST
7-10 = EZ (warmdown)
(Masters/Rec/3000 yds/60 min)
----------------------------

It was great to get back into the water tonight. We were cranking along with the main set, and used the extra time to get some pulling in. My plan is to get wet again on Friday and Saturday.

Submit "Workout 09/24/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 09/24/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 09/24/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 09/24/13: evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Make sure you're stretching enough after you run... especially those hamstrings and calves; I find I need a good 10 minutes of stretching after a run, even with the body nice and warm, to counteract the tightening effect of the running. If your hammies get too tight, it might start messing with your lower back. I learned all these things the hard way myself
    Wait. You've taken another job?? Now I think that's really overdoing it, Mike. Enough's enough!

Ah-ha - Spellcheckin' Greg strikes again!!!
    Thanks, Alex. I have been doing very brief stretching before the jog, and working it a little more afterwards, and it seems to help.
    Good advice.

As for you Greg, I think a hard set on Saturday awaits! Muahahaha