View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 52 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I woke up with the sniffles this morning and realized I did not take my allergy meds last night. I also iced my shoulder and elbow last night which helped a lot. I had no discomfort at all today. I suspect my stiffness and sore muscles are a result of lifting. I found the bag of sugar peas worked great on my back(flat and smooth) and the bag of Brussels sprouts worked great on my elbow(lumpy and hard). I never thought I would be a conocer of frozen vegetables.

Today was another tough workout with a T20 in the middle.

Warmup
5x200 with snorkel on 2.45
10x50 on 35
100 easy
T20 swim
100 easy
12x50 on 1min
100 AFAP free

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4400scy

I ended up pulling the T20(my coach will be mad at me) but negative split the 20 minute swim and ended up going 1900yds. I turned at the 1000 at 10.35 and averaged 1.03 per 100 which I was pleased with. My arms were like jello after the T20 and had the shakes which went after hydrating and the 50 set. The AFAP 100 felt pretty good and went 54. My legs felt strong on this.

Submit "Week 52 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 52 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 52 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 52 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I, too, need to consider acquiring some frozen veggies. Great idea.

That's some versatility between the 1900 T20 and the 54 100 afterwards. Was that from a dive or a push?
    What is the point of a T20?
    holding :03s? awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I, too, need to consider acquiring some frozen veggies. Great idea.

That's some versatility between the 1900 T20 and the 54 100 afterwards. Was that from a dive or a push?
    Our coach likes mixing up distance and speed. I have never been a true D guy and consider myself more of a mid D type. The 100 was from a push. I had Mark's time from yesterday as my motivator. I gotcha back Mark. My arms were like jello before I started, which made me focus on my kick because that was the only way I was going to bring it home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    What is the point of a T20?
    holding :03s? awesome
    Luckily we dont do any T30's or T60's. They were my least favorite sets in college. Now its the T20!!

With the events I typically swim I have to do this weird mix of distance, pace and speed. This is definately a distance pace oriented swim and despite being able to hold a pretty good pace, this is an area I feel I am still weak in and an area I really need to work on for my 800m next year. I find it hard to work on this and some of my coach's reason behind high overall yardage and short rest is to work this system. Despite my best efforts I tend to fall apart on these longer swims; stroke and turns. I was pleased with this mornings swim, but still have a long way between where I am and where I want to be.

Thanks. I used your workout from yesterday as an incentive to go for my AFAP 100 at the end of practice.
    Huh. Finally, a use for brussel sprouts. Who would've thunk it?