View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:05-10:00am

Rate this Entry
Just went in to work out the aches and pains from work last night...and the night before that...and the night before that. Do you see a pattern? Yeah, my new job is tougher than my previous one, and I now find myself sleeping longer on a nightly basis as well. Swimming is more of a recovery for me now. I do have hopes of competition, but that will just have to wait and see if I can get a day off that coincides with a meet nearby. The hardest part will be getting off work at 11:00pm, and getting up early on a Saturday morning to drive somewhere 3+ hours away. There is a local LMSC meet in Moscow Idaho on Nov. 16th, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

My swim:

500 Free nice n easy

10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00 (held :50s)

5 x 200 Free Pull @ 2:45 (ranged from 2:20-2:30)
(2000/2000)

Kick Set w/ short fins:
200 SDK on back @ 3:00
150 SDK on back @ 2:30
100 SDK on back @ 1:30
50 SDK on back @ :30 (went :31 today)
maybe I'll bring long fins next time and try this out.

100 EZ swim
(600/2600)

12 x 25 @ ~ :30-:40, depending on where my lanemate was in the pool. I didn't want to whack her too badly.
Odds Fly fast, Evens Free
(300/2900)

100 EZ

-----------------------------
3000 Yards

Submit "Friday, September 27, 2013 9:05-10:00am" to Digg Submit "Friday, September 27, 2013 9:05-10:00am" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, September 27, 2013 9:05-10:00am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, September 27, 2013 9:05-10:00am" to Google

Comments

Sorry to hear that the new job is so much more physical than the last. It sounds like you are doing great just maintaining your swimming. I have done a fair number of solo swims and that alone is tough, without being tired before you get in the pool. Knowing you though, know doubt you are staying positive and still having fun which at the end of the day is what swimming should be. Use it as a stress reliever or even a recovery, just keep doing it.
    I sincerely empathize with you, being tired and aching from hard physical work at your job. I truly hope that you will adapt as able and/or that it is not always so demanding. I agree with Stewart, the swimming is so important for you now as stress reliever and recovery, so just keep at as best possible. Perhaps if there is a masters meet you find possible to attend, maybe you could just swim the Sunday events, so Saturday can be one of rest and family, etc.
    Swimming is a good stress reliever, that is for sure. I will really have to see if meets fall into play for me this year at all. Just 'cause it's Saturday or Sunday doesn't mean anything at my job. If production is needed, they run. 3 shifts, round the clock, 7 days a week if needed. On our 7 day scheduling, I currently have Wed. and Thurs. off for my rest days, but that's only when we're running 7 days a week. It's a union run operation, and I'm at the bottom of the list. As for the physical part...that is a day by day type of thing. Tonight was a bit tough, but not bad. At least I wasn't up on my feet the whole time. I was down below one of the fruit dryers beating and banging the bearings off the drive shaft for one of the circulation fans!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!! Dryland training at it's best right there! At least I get to see my kids play soccer tomorrow morning (or this morning really). Off to bed now!