View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Monday, September 30, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , September 30th, 2013 at 09:28 PM (348 Views)
SCY@FGCU Aquatic Center
Air temp 85 Water temp 78
Sunny, cloudy, humidity at 75%

After meetings all morning and then a dental appt., by early afternoon stopped at FGCU and did 3K as;

Warm up
200 RIMO
200 IM as 25K/25DR

Sets
20x50 Kick on 1:00, 5x each stroke
---100 Bk SPL-8/9
40x25 on
:30, 10 each stroke
---100 IM EZ DPS
10x100 FR pull w/AP on 1:30, steady
desc 1-10 *1:12-1:05

Comments
Did 2K Sunday as 1K kicking, 1K FR
dr-swim w/snorkel-paddles-fins. Tomorrow I will return to the early morning sessions.

Submit "Monday, September 30, 2013" to Digg Submit "Monday, September 30, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, September 30, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, September 30, 2013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

It's almost alien to see you only swimming 3k. A little rest will do good.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    It's almost alien to see you only swimming 3k. A little rest will do good.
    Yes, it felt a bit strange too. I was rushing to get in some swimming and then pick up my son from school. I have more work this year than the last two years, so I will need to plan ahead with shorter, focused workouts ready to go on days like this.

You are right about the rest. I learned what it is like NOT to have enough rest during my training last spring, so evolving through this summer now rest is an essential part of my training, along with a variation of HIT type workouts with some longer swims at moderate pace focused on DPS, drills, and technique.
    You can still accomplish a lot in 3K and you can still see some great benefits. The variety will do both your body and mind some good, as well.