View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 53 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
Both my kids have a stomach bug that's been going around so I went and lifted on my own yesterday. I put a lot more effort into legs yesterday a d I felt it big time this morning. In fact as I write my hamstrings and thighs are still shaking.

I did 10,8,6 reps per machine by circuit.

3x(bench press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, leg extension, leg press, leg curls per leg, inclined bench, military press)

Todays workout also focused on legs which made for a fun workout. My legs are definitely shot.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 free on 40

main set
8x100 kick best average on 2mins
100 easy
4x200 IM on 2.40 aerobic
100 easy
10x100 free with over kick and no breathing inside yellow marker. On 1.30

Total 4000scy

i held 1.20-1.22 on the best average kicks. This was good but felt really bad. My legs burned the whole way. The IMs I was getting about 10 seconds rest. The 100s I focused on kicking and walls.

Submit "Week 53 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 53 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 53 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 53 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

You did great on that kick set! We need to do an inter squad meet. So excited to watch team SJB in the triathlon relay on Sunday! I know you will do an awesome open water swim if only I knew sooner I could have made Tshirt
    If it's the same bug that's going around here, it's a nasty one. I'm home sick today, though not with that, so I'm relatively lucky - though I do feel like I've been hit by a truck. I hope your kids get well soon and that you and your wife escape the bug!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    You did great on that kick set!
    Thanks. I was in a world of pain on that set, but mainly due to weights last night. I really need to work on my kick and I think the hardest part is integrating it on my longer swims.

We need to do an inter squad meet.
    That would be fun. Lets bring it up with Tom. Based on the participation at this summers meet I bet we would have a good turnout.

So excited to watch team SJB in the triathlon relay on Sunday! I know you will do an awesome open water swim if only I knew sooner I could have made Tshirt
    It should be fun. I am a little freaked out about doing the open water swim but know once I get going it will be fun. Jared Butler is the really quick age grouper who life guards for us in the mornings and he said he swam on a relay last year and went 19mins. He said he was swimming on Sunday on a relay, so if I can get near him I should have someone to draft off of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    If it's the same bug that's going around here, it's a nasty one. I'm home sick today, though not with that, so I'm relatively lucky - though I do feel like I've been hit by a truck. I hope your kids get well soon and that you and your wife escape the bug!
    I hope you get well soon.

I spoke to my wife earlier and she said the kids were both feeling much better. I guess it must have been a 24hr bug.