View RSS Feed

Alex's swim journal

Wednesday night practice...

Rate this Entry
by , October 3rd, 2013 at 01:08 PM (400 Views)
Stopped by Carthage College again last night after work (and hope I'm able to keep going Monday and Wednesday nights, if nothing else it helps to push me out of the office by 6:30PM). Anyway, here's what we did:

WU (1000):
400 swim (I did a lot of drill here)
300 pull w/ buoy
200 kick (I did a little on each stroke)
100 IM (went low 1:40s, not that great)

MS (1800):
10 x 100 on 2:00
--odds free, evens IM; I held 1:24-1:25 on the fr and 1:39-1:40 on the IMs.
4 x 200 on 3:30
--odds stroke, evens free; on these I was going on more like a 4-5:00 interval because Jackie would stop me between reps to coach me a bit. I did 200 back (about 3:25), my freestyle 200s were in 3:10-range (really slow, but I could feel the fatigue at this point and was also trying, somewhat unsuccessfully to keep that left arm form crossing over), my final stroke 200 was 100 fly/100 back (first half of the 4IM)... and I got lots of pointers on the fly afterward from Jeff and Jackie (Jackie said the back has actually improved a lot and looks good, but I think she might have described my fly as "gawd awful"... I was hoping for aweSOME not awFUL, but oh well, lot's to work on... they actually know I've only just learned fly this year, and were just giving me a hard time, which I need sometimes to motivate me).

CD (200): Some fly drill and then 100 pull w/ buoy.

Submit "Wednesday night practice..." to Digg Submit "Wednesday night practice..." to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday night practice..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday night practice..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think you will really benefit from time spent on your stroke fundamentals. It's really hard for all of us to break bad habits. you have come so far without coaching and I am convinced you will see some significant drops this fall with some small tweaks. I bet her definition of awful is relative. I bet she can correct your stroke in no time.mkeep up the great work.