View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 53 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
My legs are so sore and stiff from Tuesdays legs weights and yesterdays kick sets I could hardly stand when I got out of bed this morning. Luckily I did a long aerobic swim today with little to no intensity on my legs.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
All of these were swum with paddles and pull bouy and were on 1.10 base send offs
100 easy
12x75 on 1.15 swum kick, drill, swim

Warm down
100 easy

Total 4300 scy

I was holding 1.03-1.05 pace throughout the main set and felt pretty comfortable. I do feel like my aerobic base is stronger than its been which is a great sign. The 12x75 were active recovery.

Submit "Week 53 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 53 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 53 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 53 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Hopefully your legs feel better for your race Sunday! I'm looking forward to the Baylor meet.
    I do feel like my aerobic base is stronger than its been which is a great sign
    I would say there's ample evidence to support that statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Ditto.

Stewart, you should really race a 1500 SCM this fall. Fly into LA Thursday night, enter the 1500 here -- https://www.lbgrunions.org/generalinfo.html -- then high tail it back to Texas with your TT world ranking securely in hand
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Hopefully your legs feel better for your race Sunday! I'm looking forward to the Baylor meet.
    My hope is that the second day is he worst(that will be today) because I find it hard to believe I can feel worse! I just got back from lifting and I worked my arms pretty hard, so if my theory is not right and tomorrow is worse then I will be in trouble in the morning.

I too am looking forward to the Baylor meet. What events are you registering for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Thanks for the encouragement. I guess the real proof will come when I compete this fall and winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Stewart, you should really race a 1500 SCM this fall. Fly into LA Thursday night, enter the 1500 here -- https://www.lbgrunions.org/generalinfo.html -- then high tail it back to Texas with your TT world ranking securely in hand
    What a great idea. Not sure about the Fina TT unrested but I will have to see if I can make it work. I like your thinking though. Are you going to swim at this meet?