View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Knock Out Punch, Thurday, Oct. 3

Rate this Entry
I was struck down by a nasty nasty cold and was out of the water for 4 days. I've still got a bit of a hacking cough, but got in a short swim at Pitt today. Nothing fast, still too out of it. Unfortunately, this means another week of training down the drain just when I was starting to get in the groove.

Swim/SCY/Solo:

600 various
4 x 50 scull
4 x 50 caterpillar fly drill
6 x 25 shooters
9 x 50 stroke + 50 EZ
5 x 50 DPS free
100 EZ kick

Total: 2000

Submit "Knock Out Punch, Thurday, Oct. 3" to Digg Submit "Knock Out Punch, Thurday, Oct. 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Knock Out Punch, Thurday, Oct. 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Knock Out Punch, Thurday, Oct. 3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. Celestial's Avatar
    Sorry you're under the weather!
    heard somewhere that taking (odorless) garlic everyday not only keeps away Vampires, but minimizes the number of colds you get - started this almost exactly 3 years ago - I've had only ONE cold, lasted ~3-4 days - used to get 3 - 4 per year which would last at least a week to week and a half.
    Just sayin'
  2. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    I hope you feel better soon. You are having a rough time At the moment but stay positive and you will come out the other side.
  3. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Sorry you're under the weather!
    heard somewhere that taking (odorless) garlic everyday not only keeps away Vampires, but minimizes the number of colds you get - started this almost exactly 3 years ago - I've had only ONE cold, lasted ~3-4 days - used to get 3 - 4 per year which would last at least a week to week and a half.
    Just sayin'
    I have been taking garlic! I've read that it doesn't prevent colds, but that it helps prevent bacterial infections from them. I think I just succumbed due to stress and lack of sleep.
  4. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I hope you feel better soon. You are having a rough time At the moment but stay positive and you will come out the other side.
    Thanks Stewart. Yes, this is a bad patch for sure. But masters is a long career. I've dialed expectations for this season way back.
  5. 200free's Avatar
    [QUOTE][ I've dialed expectations for this season way back./QUOTE]

    I'm sure you'll still win the FASTEST WOMAN award at the Sprint Classic Leslie. Gotta keep that streak alive!
  6. The Fortress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 200free

    I'm sure you'll still win the FASTEST WOMAN award at the Sprint Classic Leslie. Gotta keep that streak alive!


    I may not be up for much more than 25s! But I will do my level best.