View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 53 - BS Friday

Rate this Entry
No it's not what you naturally think of as Bs, instead this BS stood for "Beat Stewart" Friday. Today's theme was both to beat me to a pulp physically and the main set involved me swimming 125 to the others in my group swimming 100s on the same time and there goal was to beat me(which they did, but not by much).

I lifted last night and focused on chest and back instead of legs. last night continued the 10,8,6 reps per circuit. I did a pretty long warmup on the vasa and a cool down set on the vasa.

15minute vasa swim bench
3x(bench press, inclined bench press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, lower back extension, military press, lat pull down hands inside, lat pul down hands outside)
4 min vasa swim bench at 80% effort
3 min vasa swim bench 70% effort
2 min vasa swim bench 60% effort
1min vasa swim bench 50% effort

Todays swim

Warm up
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main set
8x75 kick best average on 1.30
200 easy
8x125 BS set on 1.40
200 easy
10x50 swum 25 stroke drill, 25 free on 1 min
200 Free from the block AFAP

Warm down
400 easy

Total 3600scy

On the best average kicks I went 57,58,58,59,59,58,60,59. The 125s were really tough and I held mainly 1.15s, but started out at 1.10. The 200 from the block was awesome. I felt good and went 153+. My splits were 25,29,29,29. Despite being tired I really felt like I could have gone quicker. My coach said I went out to hard, but I just felt like I hit the wall hard at 125 and took a little bit to get going again, and other than that I think my second 100 would have been a second quicker. 29.highs are great after that workout and I can't wait to get some rest and swim this in a UsAs meet.

Submit "Week 53 - BS Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 53 - BS Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 53 - BS Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 53 - BS Friday" to Google

Updated October 4th, 2013 at 11:13 AM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Really like the title for today's! Let's not forget tomorrow about asking tom to do an inter squad meet I completely forgot today but today was difficult. Nice workout today. Hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad! Are y'all lifting afterward tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Really like the title for today's! Let's not forget tomorrow about asking tom to do an inter squad meet I completely forgot today but today was difficult. Nice workout today. Hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad! Are y'all lifting afterward tomorrow?
    Despite hurting pretty bad again today it was both creative and fun. I wish I had more energy during then BS set.Yes good idea. I will try to remember to ask him. Between the two of us we will remember"I don't know if we are lifting or not. I would say its likely but probably won't do legs!