View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:00-9:45am

Rate this Entry
I wasn't too motivated today in the water, but at least I got in, and did a fly set as well. Man, my fly endurance has really gone down the drain too! 200 Fly doesn't sound too appealing to me at the moment.

Warmup:

500 Free
10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00
(1000/1000)

10 x 50 Fly @ 1:00, ranged from :33-37 ugh!
(500/1500)

4 x 75 Free Pull @ 1:05
4 x 75 Free Pull @ 1:00
(600/2100)

100 EZ and out

------------------------
2200 Yards

During my fly set, two different people came on deck looking for lane space, I moved over to the side to allow them to enter, but they just sat and waited for someone else to get out of the other lanes which already had two in each. I don't know why people can't circle swim, or get in with a butterflier. I will do 1 arm drill going by someone if I fear it's going to endanger them any at all, especially at the age of many of the folks I swim with.

Submit "Friday, October 4, 2013 9:00-9:45am" to Digg Submit "Friday, October 4, 2013 9:00-9:45am" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, October 4, 2013 9:00-9:45am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, October 4, 2013 9:00-9:45am" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have that problem at my y as well. People don't seem to get the idea that lap lanes are for sharing with other people that want to swim. Granted, it can get frustrating having to circle with slower swimmers but I remind myself that 1) they are there for a similar reason that I am. 2) They have just as much right to use the lane as I do 3) Hopefully they will come to enjoy swimming as much as I do.

When I know someone is wanting to lap swim, like you, I will move over to one side. If there are 2 of them, then we circle. I don't get why some people think they are entitled to their own lane.
    I don't get it either. I understand that we're all there for the same reason, exercise of some sort. I just wish people could coordinate it a little better at times. If I get stuck circling with 3 or more in the lane, and there is a definite speed difference among us, I'll usually just grab a kickboard and do some kick sets until it opens up more. Even then, I'm sometimes passing people.