View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 53 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I woke again feeling very tired and all around beat. This past week has been both tough and rewarding. We are now at around 25k a week and are also starting to mix in some race pace sets. Despite the tiredness I am feeling very good about where I am at this point in the season. Today we continued with the high intensity kicking, some decent aerobic swimming and some race based swims. Despite having to OW swim tomorrow I still did weights after practice.

Warmup
1000 with snorkel
10x50 on 55 drill, I alternated catchup and finger drag.

Main set
5x100 best average kick on 1.45. This one continued the theme of Beat Stewart from yesterday with everyone else either using one or both fins.
200 easy
8x100 on 1.15 descend 1-4 and 5-8 with number 4 and number 8 no slower than 1min.
200 easy
6x50 on 1min holding desired pace for desired distance. I was told to focus on mile pace but found the send off unrealistic for this(too slow) and focused on last 100 of 200 instead.

Warm down
200 easy

Total 3700scy

I went 1.17,1.19,1.20,1.20,1.21 on the kicks; I hurt really bad. The descending 100s I descended from 1.05 to 1min. I felt ok on the first 4 but felt awful on the second 4; my times were the same on both descends. The 6x50s we swam to our feet(ended with a turn) and I went 28,28,27,27,26,26. I found the send off times too easy and actually felt stronger as we went further(another great sign).

Weights

We did the 10,8,6 by circuit on number of reps going from heavy, to max, to fail weights by machine with no rest between reps or circuits.

3x(bench press, inclined benc, military press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, lat pull down hands inside, lat pull downs hands outside)

I have the OW swim tomorrow and I am heading home for a nap.

Submit "Week 53 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 53 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 53 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 53 - Saturday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

So what did you think of your OW? I saw you running in after your race. I knew it was you because you were the only one still wearing your goggles LOL! I was going to take a picture of you but didn't see you till it was to late but I got a picture of Bill. I saw DeAnna I believe and I saw Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    So what did you think of your OW?
    I did enjoy the swim but struggled with sighting. I also tore up my foot on the run which was not fun. I have a big gash on the underside of my big toe. Nothing serious but it sure does smart.
    I saw you running in after your race. I knew it was you because you were the only one still wearing your goggles LOL! I was going to take a picture of you but didn't see you till it was to late but I got a picture of Bill. I saw DeAnna I believe and I saw Andy.
    I did not see Andy. Bill did great. I believe he won has wave of the sprint swimming and did a brilliant run on my relay. We definately need a RAM team or two next year.
    Sorry to hear about your toe! My mom wants to get a relay for next year and she wants to do the swim. It was fun watching the swim. You looked so serious on your run portion. Bill did do great I'll have to show you the picture
    Sorry to hear about your toe! My mom wants to get a relay for next year and she wants to do the swim. It was fun watching the swim. You looked so serious on your run portion. Bill did do great I'll have to show you the picture
    Thats awesome. So she is going to start swimming with us?

DeAnna always says I look too serious when I compete. I was trying to overtake as many elites as I could. I would love to see the picture. Thanks for coming and cheering.
    She's going to talk to two ladies at work about a relay and if they say yes then she will. I had fun watching and cheering. I enjoyed watching the swimming. It's so different than pool swimming.