View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 54 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I participated on the swim leg of a relay for the US Open Triathlon yesterday. I did ok doing the swim in about 20mins and our relay finished 10th out of about 50 teams. I enjoyed the event but found it difficult sighting and swimming with no warmup. The hardest part was the run after the swim which seemed really long and was done bare foot; I ended up splitting my foot open under my left big toe. Despite these challenges the event was fun and something I would do again in the future.

When I woke this morning I was stiff and my left foot was sore. The overall affect was similar to doing a 1500m pool swim but due to the run I hurt in a couple of place I don't normally hurt. Luckily today's practice was pretty easy and was definitely recovery-ish.

warm up
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
10x50 on 40

main set
3x(2x200 free on 2.40, 200 back on 3mins)
6x100 kick on 1.45
10x50 drill on 1min

warm down
100 easy

total 4200scy

My trip to Denver has been cancelled and as such I will be working out at home this week. I still plan on taking tomorrow completely off and then getting back into it again on Wednesday.

Submit "Week 54 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Week 54 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 54 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 54 - Monday" to Google

Updated October 7th, 2013 at 07:22 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Bummer about the big toe, but it sounds like the overall impression of the team tri was positive enough if you want to come back again.
    Yeah it sucked, but such is life at times. It's not really bad it just smarted a little. Yes definately a positive experience and something I would do again. I felt liked should have swum much quicker but struggled with the sighting and direction. Lessons to learn I guess.