View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

Maintaining as must as possible

Rate this Entry
by , October 8th, 2013 at 03:43 PM (893 Views)
Hello! Long time no blog!

I've been trying to keep up the speed and peppy-ness even though i've been so busy and traveling for a wedding. I'm tired and just spent all the time. Anyway, I figure a fast 50 here and there is better for me that trying to do full workouts.

Today I went
28.9 on the coach's watch. Nice it was under 29, but about 1 second off where i'd like to be on a coach's GO. I'd like to be 28.0 or better. I'd say today's time puts me at a mid to high 27 in a real race. Since I went 28.6LCM, I think that's about right. Also, my competitive advantage is SCM, since I train it year round!

I am happy to report that I am getting my fly back! I have been swimming fly with fins sometimes, and that seems to really help! I went 1:18 and 1:17 yesterday and today on a straight 100 fly, without completely killing myself. I think that's pretty good and would translate to about a 1:12 to 1:08, ranging from a strong but controlled swim to a gut-busting time if my life depended on it. Given that a 1:12 woudl make top ten, i'll lean towards 1:10 to 1:12.

Oddly, my back is totally sucky right now.

In breaststroke news, that wonderful double kick sensation is a reality, and totally no benefit of a doubt disqualifable. Not sure how I got into that habit, but I have decided to just brazenly do whatever my body is going to do, DQ be darned! I asked my coach to watch it and see if I could still pass as legal, and the consensus was no, not at all.

My first meet will be a USA meet Nov 8-10. I've entered the 50 free, 100 fly, and 100 back. The 50 free is on a Friday night, and hopefully i'll be able to go under 25.0 as I didn't break that last year!

Submit "Maintaining as must as possible" to Digg Submit "Maintaining as must as possible" to del.icio.us Submit "Maintaining as must as possible" to StumbleUpon Submit "Maintaining as must as possible" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments