View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 10/08/13:OW + evening

Rate this Entry
Got some extra sleep after dropping the kids off at school, then went to Chapel at college before lunch. My daughter was home so I enlisted her to drive and hand out as I headed to Lake Paran for another swim. With the weekend overcast and raining, plus the showers last night, my assumption of lower water temps were correct. Near the edge of the water I measured 57 degrees, so I disrobed and headed in with air temps around 60 and a fair bit of wind-driven ripples dancinging on the surface.

I took ViveBene's advice and after a few stokes of free I flipped over to back until I reached the beach on the other side. Checked the temp again to find a temp today of 55! Three degrees below last week's swim. I pressed on, aided by silicone ear plugs, another hint I picked up for helping with cold water swims. Ended up swimming 0.65 miles in About 23 minutes. The folliage is on the downswing here, especially with last night storms.

I enjoyed a warm coffee and snack in the car, all the while remembering that delightful ginger tea that Greg had at the ready after the Harriman swim in June. Emma snapped some pics, so I'll have to get them from her. Apparently, before I started in she snap-chated a nice pic of my backside, so I'll try to find that for your viewing pleasure.

Took me about 2.5 hours to actually warm up, in which time I mowed the lawn and headed up to a soccer game. Late start, so we got home as supper was being served - I got to think of my supper all practice. GegJS and I took on a good one tonight:

- 200 swim/200 kick/200 pull
- 4 x 50 B/C on 1:00 (I was and only did 2)

1 x 100 on 2:00 (did 150 with snorkel and AG)
4 x 25 on :45 AFAP
1 x 200 on 3:30 (did 250 pull)
1 x 300 on 5:00 (did 350)
1 x 400 on 7:00 (did 500 as Noah's Ark = 6:09)

200 Loosen and out (did 250)
(Masters/Rec/2600 yds/55 min)
-------------------------------

Fair amount of swimming today with some other fun. Planning to jog tomorrow night, then swim again on Friday before heading out of town to a Men's Retreat for the weekend.

Submit "Workout 10/08/13:OW + evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/08/13:OW + evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/08/13:OW + evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/08/13:OW + evening" to Google

Updated October 9th, 2013 at 08:05 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments