View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 54 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
My wife's 92 year old grandmother is visiting for the next couple of weeks from Lakeland Florida. I stayed up later than normal talking with my wife and her grandmother so was a little sluggish this morning. I found today's workout incredibly hard and I will be feeling it for a few days.

Warm up
8x125 swum as 100 free 25 back with snorkel on 1.50

Main set
6x150 on 1.50 descend 1-3 and 4-6
4x200 on 2.10
2x300 with fins on 3mins
400 IM swum drill swim by 25 on 6mins
12x50 on 35

warm down
head in gutter trying not to be sick!!!

Total 4300scy

I held 1min-1.02 pace throughout the main sets. After the 200s I thought the 300s with fins were going to be much easier but they weren't. My lungs were burning, my arms and legs were fried. Overall I found today a really hard workout day. I forgot to say that I swam this workout solo and I know how James must feel; it's hard on your own. It was just me and the life guard at the pool until the high schoolers showed up at end of my workout and saw this old man with his head in the gutter.

Submit "Week 54 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 54 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 54 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 54 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Sorry you were by yourself today! I really needed to sleep in today. Great workout though! Hopefully tomorrow isn't BS Friday.
    I understand completely. It was hard though and I will feel it for a while.
    I forgot to say that I swam this workout solo and I know how James must feel; it's hard on your own.