Rate this Entry
Main Set from Pete's blog yesterday...

Warmup:

500 Free
10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00 gradual descend from :55s down to :48s
(1000/1000)

Main Set:

10 Rounds of:
  • 100 Free @ 1:10 (I held these at 1:04-1:06, but from #7-10 it was getting tough)
  • 50 Free relaxed @ 1:10 (this was a blessing, and the only way to make this set possible)

100 EZ
(1600/2600)

500 Free Pull for time (went 5:44) surprised myself a bit, I didn't think I'd be much under 6:00 when I took off, and I'm confident I counted correctly, so I must be in better shape than I thought.

100 EZ
(600/3200)

12 x 25 Odds Fly Fast, Evens Free EZ @ :30
(300/3500)

----------------------------
3500 Yards

Submit "Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00-10:00am" to Digg Submit "Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00-10:00am" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00-10:00am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00-10:00am" to Google

Comments

Great workout! Yes, you are in better shape than you thought! There was never any doubt you can take on almost any demanding and challenging workout and give it your best shot.

I must tell you that I enjoyed reading your Tuesday workout post. Your commentary after certain sets was very entertaining... huffin' and puffin' here..., I was honestly surprised I made it!, dying... Everytime I think about them, I smile.
    10 Rounds of:

• 100 Free @ 1:10
    • 50 Free relaxed @ 1:10
    That is a terrific set and one of my favorites. (I usually use the 1:15 interval though.) By the end, there sure doesn't seem to be much rest after the 50 does there?!
    Quote Originally Posted by fdtotten
    Great workout! Yes, you are in better shape than you thought! There was never any doubt you can take on almost any demanding and challenging workout and give it your best shot.

I must tell you that I enjoyed reading your Tuesday workout post. Your commentary after certain sets was very entertaining... huffin' and puffin' here..., I was honestly surprised I made it!, dying... Everytime I think about them, I smile.
    Thanks! It's tough to think of things on my own all the time, so I try to get ideas from here on USMS every now and then.

We'll see how tomorrow's workout goes...maybe it'll have a lot of "ouchy" and "oh crap" in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    That is a terrific set and one of my favorites. (I usually use the 1:15 interval though.) By the end, there sure doesn't seem to be much rest after the 50 does there?!
    It's one I just wouldn't have thought of on my own. I haven't ever done this set that I can recall in my whole lifetime! It was good.
    Glad you liked it! We used to have 64 workouts we cycled through. Dave retyped them and discovered 24 of Roger's "lost workouts". Many (if not all) of these were meant for the older high school swimmers that did doubles with the masters on mornings. These typically have a "masters option" on them that we may or may not ignore. This particular set was supposed to be repeats of 100 @ 1:10 followed by 50 @ :50. I was going to go for it but was glad after a couple that my teammates had talked me out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    Glad you liked it! We used to have 64 workouts we cycled through. Dave retyped them and discovered 24 of Roger's "lost workouts". Many (if not all) of these were meant for the older high school swimmers that did doubles with the masters on mornings. These typically have a "masters option" on them that we may or may not ignore. This particular set was supposed to be repeats of 100 @ 1:10 followed by 50 @ :50. I was going to go for it but was glad after a couple that my teammates had talked me out of it.
    Yeah, on the 50s @ :50, that would've been difficult. I was coming in around :40 on those 50s, and I used all of the :30 rest I was getting to be able to make another 100 under 1:10.