View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 54 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I had a busy day today and forgot to post this earlier. today I felt tired going to practice but had a good practice despite feeling tired.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45
5x100 kick on 1.50

Main set
4x(4x50 free on 35, 2x100 back fast on 2mins)
200 easy
12x50 on 1min swum 25 fly, 25 free fast

Warm down
100 easy

Total 3700 scy

The kicks I held 1.25s and felt pretty strong. The main set I held 28-29s on the 50s, and started out around 1.06-1.07 on round 1 and dropped to 1.04 by the first 100 on the last round. My coach asked me to do free on the last 100 and ended up going 53+. The fly free 50s I went 30s. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast the fly free 50s were. I felt strong on the fly which is the first time I can say that in a very very long time. Considering how bad I felt going into the practice I was very pleased with how I loosened up and overall how I swam. I have an earlier practice than usual tomorrow since my daughter has a meet both Saturday and Sunday.

Submit "Week 54 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 54 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 54 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 54 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Tell Abby good luck for me! I signed up for the 800 for the Shenandoah meet so you will owe me! I hate that I'm missing practice tomorrow. Good workout today. I enjoyed the 50s but I love butterfly
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Tell Abby good luck for me! I signed up for the 800 for the Shenandoah meet so you will owe me! I hate that I'm missing practice tomorrow. Good workout today. I enjoyed the 50s but I love butterfly
    Will do. She is swimming 12 events including relays so she will be tired by the time she is done tomorrow.

I am glad you are going to give the 800 a try. Short course meters is fun and you will do great.

Love and butterfly don't go together in my vocabulary.

Enjoy your trip. See you Monday.