View RSS Feed

TJ's Blog of Slow Swimming!

5-5-2009 Free/Breast

Rate this Entry
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM at the Jamerson YMCA (SCY) self coached with a modified Priscilla workout.

Warmup:
500 free - every 4th br pull with a dolphin kick

Main Set:
6x150 free on 2:45 - descend 1-3 and 4-6
6x75 on 1:30 - alternate br/fr
1x200 easy free
1x200 free fast on 4:00 - I could only muster a 2:55
1x100 easy free/back
1x100 back fast on 2:00 - I went 1:29:-)
Worked on starts with a young woman in our masters group. She has been swimming for four months now and has a meet in June, but she has been losing her goggles on the starts. I had that trouble a lot, so I tried to help her. She started to get the hang of it. We did about 10 starts and a couple of breakouts.

Warmdown:
175 easy free/back

2700 yards

Notes: I mentioned this on Monday, but I am horrible when there's no coach. I'm going to struggle in Europe unless I can find a team with a practice schedule convenient for me. Or if I can convince Elisa to coach me!!! On a brighter note, my breaststroke felt pretty good. It was kind of slow, but it felt good.

Submit "5-5-2009 Free/Breast" to Digg Submit "5-5-2009 Free/Breast" to del.icio.us Submit "5-5-2009 Free/Breast" to StumbleUpon Submit "5-5-2009 Free/Breast" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

If you want, I can ask Bill White, our coach, to put you on his email list. He sends out the practice for A,B, and C lanes 3x a week. Not as good as swimming with others, but they are good workouts.
    TJ if she's still having goggle issues...cap over goggs pulled low over the top edge will keep them in even on a bad dive.