View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 10/16/13: evening

Rate this Entry
Back after a great weekend at the Men's Retreat in NH. I met my buddy to ride over Friday afternoon, but we stopped to visit a dear old saint that I consider a surrogate grandfather. Ed is 90 years old, and has been a big encouragement in my walk with Christ, even giving me a great commentary and a guide to the BIble. He has not been well for a while, but recently was diagnosed with liver cancer and some blot clots in his lungs, and not much time left. We prayed with him and he prayed for us - amazing.

We headed over and enjoyed great food and teaching. I went for a swim again this year on Saturday, 1.57 miles under cloudy skies in 60 degree water, then we went on a motorcycle ride with Rick's friend Paul. We got back to the camp ground and GregJS came over for supper and the Saturday evening service, so he got to met some of the guys and enjoy a split!

Back to work on Monday, with a complete computer crash and a crazy busy day yesterday as we tried to catch back up. I slept in today after dropping the kids off at school, and went for a swim before supper tonight:

200 Fr/200 Bk/200 IM drill/4 x 50 b/c on :50, 200 IM drill

10 x 100 with snorkel, as
- odds = kick with board on 1:50
- evens = FR with AP and pull buoy on 1:20

3 x 150 on 2:05 (shift 50 Bk end to front), 50 ez
2 x 150 on 2:05 (shift 100 bk end to front), 50 ez
1 x 150 Bk (went 1:48), 50 ez

4 x 125 IM on 2:00 (first 25 drill, shuffle starting stroke)
1 x Noah's Ark, with last 200 as loosen
(Solo/Rec/4050 yds/70 min)
----------------------------

I felt pretty good in the water, and am still on target for my GTD! I skipped running on Monday, and will pick up on the weekend.

Submit "Workout 10/16/13: evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/16/13: evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/16/13: evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/16/13: evening" to Google

Updated October 17th, 2013 at 12:36 AM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts , Open Water

Comments

Just to clarify: You did dry off and get dressed between the swim and the bike ride, correct?

Really enjoyed the retreat experience - and not just because of the ice-cream! Beautiful spot too, as the photo shows.
    Yes, I dried off, took on some coffee and added my insulation to the motorcycle after I put on my rain pants (all to stay warm).