View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 55 - Thursday

Rate this Entry
I have a company retreat in east Texas yesterday through Friday working on our 2014 company plan. For those who have not been to East Texas it's very pretty with large forests of tall pine trees. We are on a ranch on a lake that's located between Athens and Palestine. I found a pool on the USMS website in Athens at the Cain Center. I could not figure why I was struggling with the send offs my coach set me and realized after the main set that this was a 25m pool and not a 25yard pool. Overall I had a good swim this morning.

Warm up
800 free with a snorkel

Main set
12x175 swim on 2.05
12x100 swum as 3 kick, 3 drill, 3 kick, 3 drill. Kick on 1.45, drill on 1.30

warm down
1000 swim with snorkel

Total 5100 scm

i held 1.55s on the 175s. I went 1.30s on the kicks and 1.15s on the drills. I held 1.10 pace on the 1000 swim. Overall I felt good today. I wa still tired but defiantly not as bad as yesterday.

Submit "Week 55 - Thursday" to Digg Submit "Week 55 - Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 55 - Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 55 - Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Very good workout, especially done solo.

It's that time of year for company planning as I'll be off doing the same thing next week ... and struggling to find pools in NJ (not quite as bucolic as eastern Texas!).
    Thanks Patrick. The solo part is difficult and I dont know how you guys who do it day in day out manage to do it.

One of my team mates swam with the New Jersey Masters for about 5 years and apparently they have a great program. Enjoy.
    I'm looking forward to coming back to the States to visit, finding a pool and feeling super-fast because I'm in a SCY pool instead of SCM. Should be a good feeling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Neustadt
    I'm looking forward to coming back to the States to visit, finding a pool and feeling super-fast because I'm in a SCY pool instead of SCM. Should be a good feeling!
    growing up in England I always swam scm but this one threw me off just because I thought it was scy. I did not feel bad per we I just seemed to have to work harder to hit the send off. I guess it means I have more in the tank and should be training even harder.

When are you coming back to the US and what area?