View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Thursday, Oct. 17

Rate this Entry
by , October 17th, 2013 at 09:08 PM (1139 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 sculls & drills
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main Sets:

8 x 25 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP free w/fins from a push + 75 EZ) -- 10 lows, very good for me
100 EZ

4 x
50 @ 100 pace @ 1:00
100 back kick @ 200 pace @ 2:00
50 EZ

100 EZ

8 x 25 w/parachute & paddles
100 EZ

Total: 3300

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still making no forward progress. I've even been feeling slightly light headed during practice when I try to push it and dying at the end of 50s. Oh well, one day I'll snap out of it. I think part of my problem is just stress thanks to my defiant daughter. Wonder where she gets that from ?

I was muddling over the SCM season today. No way will I be able to replicate last season's great times in all 9 sprint events. In addition to the move/lack of training/malaise, I will be one meet short. But I would still like to swim at NE Champs in mid-Dec. I've decided that my focus event will be ... wait for it ... 50 free! Jazz and Chowmi would be proud. I've always had a love/hate relationship with 50 free. But since my shoulder has been better, I've been swimming more freestyle and enjoying it. Plus, I had good results at nationals when I added more dolphin kicks. I was .1 off the WR last year at NE Champs. So I have something to aim for. Need to work on my flutter kick! I feel like flutter kick is more a function of endurance, whereas dolphin kick is more of a function of core strength.

Submit "Thursday, Oct. 17" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Oct. 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Oct. 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Oct. 17" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Is there a meet flyer online yet for the Boston meet? There's a long shot opportunity for me to be in Boston at some point this year; not sure if the stars would align for it to be that weekend, but I couldn't find a link to the actual flyer here http://www.swimnem.org/wordpress/meets-events/.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Is there a meet flyer online yet for the Boston meet? There's a long shot opportunity for me to be in Boston at some point this year; not sure if the stars would align for it to be that weekend, but I couldn't find a link to the actual flyer here http://www.swimnem.org/wordpress/meets-events/.
    Try this:

http://scmchamps.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs
    Beautiful. Thanks!
    Beautiful. Thanks!
    Are you going too?

I've gone twice before, and probably again this year.
    It's a great meet. Nice pool, loads of rest, well run, no issues with split requests, etc. Water Rat is even planning on swimming on Sat. Now if only you could convince him to race you in the 400 free instead of him split requesting the 200.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you going too?

I've gone twice before, and probably again this year.
    Great! Hopefully, Rich will come too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    It's a great meet. Nice pool, loads of rest, well run, no issues with split requests, etc. Water Rat is even planning on swimming on Sat. Now if only you could convince him to race you in the 400 free instead of him split requesting the 200.
    No way. The only way I have a shot at Patrick head to head in a 200 is if he's swimming a 400!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    No way. The only way I have a shot at Patrick head to head in a 200 is if he's swimming a 400!
    Well, he's still a tad bit on the comeback trail.

I still think your best lineup for Saturday is 400 free, 50 breast, 100 free. That way, you'll have times in all the freestyle events. I'm not sure you've even completely figured out which distance you're best at, though I guess there's some solid evidence that the 200 might be your sweet spot.

Ugh, I just saw that 50 free, 100 fly and 50 back are all back to back on Sunday. That will probably knock out 100 fly for me. So sad.