View RSS Feed

One Stroke at a Time

Wednesday, Thursday and now off to San Diego

Rate this Entry
by , October 18th, 2013 at 09:16 AM (521 Views)
Wednesday October 16
SCY
8 x 50 on 55 1-4 build 5-8 descend
10 x (10 x 100 fast 2 IM then 2 of each stroke followed by 50 easy) on 3:00
4 x 125 on 2:00 1 kick/1 pull
150 easy
3000 yards

Thursday October 17
SCY
4 x (100-75-50-25 pull last length of each distance stroke IM order by round) 5 sec rest between each distance
12 x 100 3 IM/1 free/2 IM/2 free/1 IM/3 free IM on 1:40 free on 1:30
12 x 50 kick on 55
100 easy
3100 yards

I've had a pretty good week. I've swum everyday. The 100s on Wednesday were very difficult but I made it through. I had a good report from my oncologist on Thursday (after a two hour waiting room stay)-- Tumor markers normalized, tumors getting smaller. I'll keep my schedule of treatment every three months and see him again in three months. Now, I'm off to San Diego for a wedding. My kids are staying behind so it is just me and my husband! I haven't decided if I'll try to swim yet.

I lived there from 1992-94 and swam at Shiley (located at Scripps Green Hospital) on my lunch hour as it was two blocks from the lab I worked in and I still had the mental fortitude to swim for 90 minutes on my own. They used the pool for rehab as well as for swimming. Patrick Ewing rehabbed there after an ankle(?) surgery and he once asked our master's coach if we were doing rehab as well (He had just started rehab and our coach, Terri was the PT working with him and Terri thought he was thinking that all out swimming was the end point of her rehab program).

Submit "Wednesday, Thursday and now off to San Diego" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, Thursday and now off to San Diego" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, Thursday and now off to San Diego" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, Thursday and now off to San Diego" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You probably already know this, but there are some awesome pools in San Diego. My two favorite are the masters program at UCSD and the Coronado public pool.
    That's great news! Enjoy your trip