View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 55 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I was very tired this morning despite getting a pretty good nights sleep. We had a pretty good mix of speed and distance during today's workout once more. I went over the one million yard mark for the year today and this is going to be a big yardage week despite the traveling.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

main set
4x(3x50 kick on 50, 3x50 swim on 40)
12x50 with fins n 35
12x100 best average on 1.20

warm down
500 easy swum as double arm back and free with snorkel

total 4200scm

i struggled getting going today and never felt really good but did loose up after the transition set. The 50s with fins were fun and I held 30-31s. On the best average set I held 1.02s throughout. I actually felt smooth on these. I would have been very disappointed with these if they were yards but considering they were scm And I felt tired I was pretty happy. I am looking forward to an early night of sleep in my own bed.

Submit "Week 55 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 55 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 55 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 55 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

The Million Yard Man ... in October, nonetheless. Impressive. More impressive are the 1:02's in SCM. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    The Million Yard Man ... in October, nonetheless. Impressive. More impressive are the 1:02's in SCM. Very nice.

I wish I felt better today, but that's what happens when you travel from time to time(as I am sure you know). I was pleased with the 100s though. I hope I can keep up this intensity and yardage and stay healthy. My shoulders are pretty sore right now and i am icing as much as I can. Thanks for the moral support. One of my motivations recently was the 500 you laid down the other week. It's always good to have things to chase and that was definately one of those.
    Stewart, when is your next meet? You're going to blow your Indy times away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Stewart, when is your next meet? You're going to blow your Indy times away!
    Thanks Mark. I have a couple of upcoming meets. I have my first USAS meet on 2-3 November, and a SCM Masters meet at DAM on 19 Nov. I hope I will swim ok in these meets but have never been that quick in season, but have been fortunate that i taper really well. My next big meet is 17-19 Jan which I will shave and taper for. I hope I continue to drop times but my big target is worlds next summer.