breast, 27 high
backstroke kick, 23 high

6 x 25 w/chute & paddles
100 EZ

3 x 25 w/chute -- dive off blocks and do 10 fast SDKs, cruise back
100 EZ

Total: 3675

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good grief, I had trouble getting this workout in. My energy was better today (though still coughing), but my calves just wouldn't cooperate. So I aborted lots of fast efforts when I cramped pushing off the wall or couldn't swim through it. I almost gave up on being able to get the fast 50s in, but the cramping ebbed a bit toward the end and when I kicked with a board. Hopefully, I will be able to go off the blocks tomorrow ... And hopefully my massage on Wed will help the besieged calves.

Submit "Crampy, Monday, Oct. 21" to Digg Submit "Crampy, Monday, Oct. 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Crampy, Monday, Oct. 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Crampy, Monday, Oct. 21" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

consume more bananas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    consume more bananas.
    I actually read recently on Swimming Science that cramps are rarely caused by inadequate electrolytes. (And I had a banana in my morning smoothie!) They are more typically caused by over exertion or from the muscles being too weak. It did make me wonder if my lack of drylands and plyos may have something to do with the increased cramping.