View RSS Feed

Chowmi's Blog

SPLASH FOR CA$H

Rate this Entry
by , October 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 PM (496 Views)
Having been gone so long, I decided to wait until I had a good time to report.

Rules are:
$10 bucks paid to challenge swimmer if you make the goal time, within range
$20 buck paid to coach if you are out of the range

My stated goal time: 28.9 SCM
Coach's grace time: .5 spanning your goal time
Range: 28.7 to 29.2

My time: 28.69

So technically, I was out of the range!
Consider it a penalty for setting too modest a goal time by .01!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am going to swim our 1-day SCM meet, and the order of events totally sucks for 4 x 50ers. The fly/free and breast/back are back to back. So i'll do that anyway, and i've been "training" to go fast 50's in that order within 2 to 4 minutes. If 2 mins, then I typically do a 25/5sec/25. If longer, then I do a blast-o 50. I have been going 31/32 on the flys, and 29/30 on the frees; 40/41 on breast and 35/36 backs, so I think I can still muster a strong 2nd 50 for each pair in the meet. I'll probably also do the 100IM, and just gut it out with anything I have left. If I can do pretty solid 1:19 and under in workouts, I would say that's anywhere from 1:09 to 1:14 in a meet.

Submit "SPLASH FOR CA$H" to Digg Submit "SPLASH FOR CA$H" to del.icio.us Submit "SPLASH FOR CA$H" to StumbleUpon Submit "SPLASH FOR CA$H" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like this one. I bet my coach would set it up so he won everytime. Who sets the stated goal time?

I am swimming the Baylor meet also. I agree about the order of events. It also looks like its not typically very well attended so I chickened out of the 400,200,1500, and instead I am doing the 400,200 frees, the 50back and 100IM. I am looking forward to the meet. See you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I like this one. I bet my coach would set it up so he won everytime. Who sets the stated goal time?

I am swimming the Baylor meet also. I agree about the order of events. It also looks like its not typically very well attended so I chickened out of the 400,200,1500, and instead I am doing the 400,200 frees, the 50back and 100IM. I am looking forward to the meet. See you there!
    Hi Stewart! Looking forward to meeting you. Think of the Baylor meet as a fast sprint intersquad. It's hard to take seriously as a meet. And with one price entry, it makes sense to enter five and then see if you really want to swim them all, or cut back to 2 or 3.