View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 56 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I lifted hard last night and was very stiff(stress very) when I woke up this morning. Despite the stiffness I had a good nights sleep and felt good about practice. Today's workout was a continuation of the aerobic work we have been doing during this cycle,. Today felt really long despite being more interesting than yesterday's workout.

Last nights weights I hit as hard as I have done since my college days and I felt it this morning. The workout was the 3 cycles (10 reps,8reps, 6reps) with increasing weights per cycle. The first set is 80% of max, second set is max, and third set is fail.

3x(bench press, inclined bench press, military press, seated row hands inside, seated row hands outside, leg extension, leg press, leg curls, lat pulldown hands inside, lat pulldown hands outside)

Todays swim:

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
4x325 pull on 4 mins descend 1-4
10x50 kick on 50
50 easy
18x75 on 1min alternating free, and stroke in IM order except free.
50 easy
8x100 on 1.20 breathing 3,5Warm down

Warmup
600 swim with snorkel

Total 5350scy

I descended from 3.30 to 3.20 on the 325's(these felt great and could have gone harder on the last one). The Kicks I held 40s(these hurt and my legs were like jello from lifting last night). The 75s free I was holding 47-48's and then the IM order I was holding 55s on the fly, 52s on the back and 59-60s on the breast. I was pleased that I made all the breast 75s since this is by far my slowest stroke. The 8x100s I swum focusing on long strokes and working the turns and held 1.06s. I was really tired after this workout and my legs in particular felt like jello. My arms were not far behind my legs but my legs definately felt the worst.

Submit "Week 56 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 56 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 56 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 56 - Wednesday" to Google

Updated October 23rd, 2013 at 05:40 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments