View RSS Feed

Trying to Train Smarter, Not Just Harder

Wed, Oct 23, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , October 23rd, 2013 at 09:42 AM (575 Views)
Tired this morning (not sleepy, physically) - I think it's from caloric restriction, I'm serious about taking these 10lbs off - have got myself some protein bars and "Raspberry Ketones" to assist me in my quest. Until I get used to caloric restriction, guess this is how it's going to be. Plus I bumped up one of my weights yesterday. Trying to figure out how much is the right amount to bench press to equal a push up - push ups really hurt my wrists, and I have no plans on repeating my carpal tunnel surgery EVER, so I have to find alternative exercises when something makes my wrists feel weak.

Air temp down below 60 this am, and they turned the heater on in the pool, so it was a little warm. Theoretically it was only 2 degrees warmer - needs to go back down one degree at least.

500 back/free
500 Pull locomotive style
300 kick
8 x 25 4-cycle speed play @ :30
100 easy/bathroom-water break - which I skipped to due equipment issues
6 x 200 @ 2:50 progressive, fastest was 2:23 (#4)
100 easy
6 x 50 kick on 1:00
200 easy
2 x 300 Pull "steady state"
5 x 100 breast @ ~2:00 or 2:15
200 easy
Total: 4700

Submit "Wed, Oct 23, 2013" to Digg Submit "Wed, Oct 23, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed, Oct 23, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed, Oct 23, 2013" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

In my experience, the first two days of counting calories are the worst, and you get used to it pretty quickly after that.
    Do you have to bench press? Push ups and bench press are not great for the shoulders.

You are pretty slim! Are you sure you need to lose that much?
    Fort, you are sweet, but I want to look as good as you!! I don't have to bench press, I think it's fun! But if you have a better idea on strength training using mostly machines, I'd be happy to entertain it! I do the rear delts, rowing machine, cole of others I cant remember the names of right now.
    Elaine, I think it's like I'm always on the first two days, cuz I'm such a cheater!!but you're right, it takes some getting used to. This weekend will be mild starvation mode as I am doing masonry on my porch instead of weights and swimming.
    I'm serious about taking these 10lbs off ... get used to caloric restriction
    This does not seem compatible with this:
    I bumped up one of my weights yesterday ...6 x 200 @ 2:50 progressive, fastest was 2:23...Total: 4700
    Weights, 200s on 2:50 and 4700 yds sounds like a serious need to EAT to me.

If your avatar is any reasonable facsimile of you, you need to listen to Fort!
    Karl, you are very sweet - yes, that's me in the picture - 5-10lbs lighter than I am now. Women are always on a diet, didn't you know?