View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:15-8:45am

Rate this Entry
Got to get back in the pool this morning after 4 days away. The YMCA had a pool closure this week to install some kind of new thing in the pump room, and also had a crew there to fix the gutter system that was breaking away, and causing a serious safety issue. At least they got it all done like was planned, so I was able to go in for a quick dip before getting on the road for Oregon.

300 Free
100 Kick w/ board
200 Free
100 Kick w/ board
100 Free
100 Kick w/ board
100 Free

4 x 50 Fly @ 1:00, Drill down, Fast Fly back
100 Kick w/ board
200 Free stretchout and gone

-----------------------
1500 Yards

Now I'm in Portland at my grandparents, and tonight will go visit my sister in Beaverton where I'll stay the night. It's nice to have free hotels available.

Tomorrow I'll be heading down to McMinnville, OR, home of Linfield College where I attended from 1995-1999. I just realized that I'm 36 now, was 18 when I was a freshman. I might possibly be swimming against some freshman that weren't even alive (or close) when I was a freshman there. <-- Me

Not sure which events I'll be doing. It'll be a modified short format type of meet, with the 50s/100s of each stroke, 100/200 IM, 50/100/200 Free, and 200 Free/Medley relays. There may be other events as well. I'm trying to get a race against some of the guys in the 200 Fly to see how well I fare against them. Or a 400 IM.

Submit "Friday, October 25, 2013 8:15-8:45am" to Digg Submit "Friday, October 25, 2013 8:15-8:45am" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, October 25, 2013 8:15-8:45am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, October 25, 2013 8:15-8:45am" to Google

Comments

Good luck at the meet. Kick some butt and have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Good luck at the meet. Kick some butt and have fun!
    Thanks! I'm going to have some cheerleaders there as well. A friend of mine who swam with me in high school, and his wife (who also went to h.s. with me) are coming to watch. They live nearby and we haven't seen each other since h.s. days. Facebook can be good some times. Plus they're going to get my lunch for me afterward!
    Have fun!
    Swim fast(er than those college boys.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Have fun!
    Swim fast(er than those college boys.)
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

The fast(er) part honestly wasn't that tough to do. There are only two guys that were faster than me (which is sad), and they weren't that much faster either...plus the coach said their work ethic is nothing like what he used to have in the past with other kids. My 200 Fly, I actually waited at the 175 about 10 seconds for the other kid to catch up, and then we raced home the final 25.