View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 57 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
So a very strange thing happened this morning; I got up to get ready for practice, put on my jammer and warm ups and headed out of the bathroom, only to realise that the clock said 2.30am. I swear I heard the alarm go off, but I am guessing I was in one of those nearly asleep dreams, and was way early for practice. I used very early in the morning logic and ended up deciding it was too close to my wake up time to get undressed again so slept in my jammers for a few more hours. I can honestly say I have never done that before and can atest that jammers are not ideal sleeping attire.

When I actually headed to the pool I felt pretty good and todays workout was more long aerobic swimming with a few pace swims mixed in. We are on the 3rd of 3 weeks in this long aerobic cycle and I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Todays workout

4x(600 swim on 7mins, 200 kick on 3.30, 6x50 on 35, 4x25 no breathers on 30 AFAP)
200 warm down

Total 5000scy

I held 1.05 pace on the 600's throughout, 3mins on the kick, 30s on the 50's and 12's on the 25's. Round 1 I swam the 600 with my snorkel, round 2 I pulled the 600, round 3 I pulled with my snorkel, and round 4 I swam the 600, everything else was done as written. I was expecting my legs to be pretty torn up sunday and yesterday after hitting them pretty hard on saturday but I think my legs are finally adjusting to the punishment I have been inflicting on them. I will lift tonight and back off on thursday due to my USAS meet this weekend. I may do legs tonight since I will miss thursday and saturday.

Submit "Week 57 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 57 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 57 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 57 - Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

A few weeks ago I fed my dog breakfast at 12:30 am because I thought it was 6:30 am.
    slept in my jammers for a few more hours
    This is how you know you're officially obsessed!

Nice job on that set. No way I could go that fast through the entire thing!
    Love it!

My oldest daughter, one summer when she was old enough to ride her bike (we live a mile from the pool) to workout, showed up at around 2am for her 6am morning workout. Thankfully, a security guard patrolling the area (a) saw her and (b) was a good person so that he directed her to go back home. Funny thing is that she came home, went back to sleep (no idea if she wore her suit like you), got up again and went to workout at the regular time all without my wife and I knowing. I think she was too embarrassed to tell us, but we found out later through our 'spies' at the pool.

Love your 2am logic, by the way. I think the only time I ever slept in jammers was back when our coaches decided our age group team should do a massive, over-distance, over-night swim-a-thon.
    Love the story today! Do you dream about swimming?
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    A few weeks ago I fed my dog breakfast at t 12:30 am because I thought it was 6:30 am.
    I have 2 Weimeranar's and they would love being fed at midnight as long as they were fed again at 6.30am.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    This is how you know you're officially obsessed!
    Agreed. I think there are a few other signs also, like showing up at the pool everyday at 5am, and heading back at 6pm. Do you remember the scene in Forest Gump where Bubba talks about shrimp; boiled shrimp, gumbo'd shrimp, fried shrimp, ...and he keeps talking about shrimp for weeks? My wife claims that's me with swimming.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Love your 2am logic, by the way. I think the only time I ever slept in jammers was back when our coaches decided our age group team should do a massive, over-distance, over-night swim-a-thon.
    At first I could not figure out why I had pins and needles in my legs' then I realized I had my jammer on. I guess it could have been worse, at least I did not wear my Fastskin, that would bring a new meaning to a world of hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Love the story today! Do you dream about swimming?
    I don't think I dream swimming, although my wife says I twitch and kick in my sleep so perhaps I do. I typically dont remember my dreams. I wonder if i did not have my jammer on when i woke up i if i would have recalled this morning. I guess I will never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Agreed. I think there are a few other signs also, like showing up at the pool everyday at 5am, and heading back at 6pm. Do you remember the scene in Forest Gump where Bubba talks about shrimp; boiled shrimp, gumbo'd shrimp, fried shrimp, ...and he keeps talking about shrimp for weeks? My wife claims that's me with swimming.
    ...this is one of the many reasons why I'm NOT swimming with my age group team this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I don't think I dream swimming
    I dream about swimming often. It's almost always about competition, not practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    ...this is one of the many reasons why I'm NOT swimming with my age group team this year.
    I definately have OCD tendencies and I have wondered at times if I am OCD. I am pretty sure if I was not swimming I would be doing something else with same amount of vigor as I am giving to swimming. My personality is very much all or nothing and in most cases it's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I dream about swimming often. It's almost always about competition, not practice.

Dont get me wrong I love meets, but I seriously have enjoyed the training this go around. I think this was where I struggled towards the end of my college career, I looked at training as a necessary evil, a means to an end and i did not enjoy it. This go around I am having fun training. Obviously I have my ups and downs just like everyone else but I am trying to find things I like every day and make the most of them.

I suspect the only reason I don't think I dream swimming is I can't remember my dreams.