View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 57 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I did not have any reoccurrence of my false start from yesterday but woke up very tired. I lifted last night on very little food and I lifted really really hard since I will be missing Thursday(trick or treating with my kids and the meet at the weekend). Right from the dive I felt beat and struggled throughout to get out of my slumber. The only good thing I can take from today's workout was I did not whimp out and when I was done did not feel much worse than at the start(although that was pretty crappy).

Last nights weights was my normal 3 rounds doing 10,8,6 reps with increasing weights.

3x(bench press, inclined bench press, mitary press, seated row hands snide, seated row hands outside, lower back extension, leg extension, leg curls, leg press, squats, lunges)

todays swim:

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45 concentrating on hand entry

main set
800 swim on 9mins
2x400 on 4.30
4x200 back on 2.45
8x100 IM on 1.25
12x75 kick with fins on 1 min

warm down
4x50 on 1 min no faster than 45.

Total 5000scy

i just made the 800. I held 4.30s on the 400s. On the 200s I went 2.25s and actually did not feel as bad as the rest of the workout. The 100 IMs I went 1.15s. The kick with fins I swam streamlined on my back and held 45s. The warm down I used every second of the 1min per 50 and they were more touch and turn. I suspect my stroke was a mess.

Submit "Week 57 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 57 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 57 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 57 - Wednesday" to Google

Updated October 30th, 2013 at 01:20 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice push through this after heavy weights.

Catching up from yesterday ...
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Dont get me wrong I love meets, but I seriously have enjoyed the training this go around. I think this was where I struggled towards the end of my college career, I looked at training as a necessary evil, a means to an end and i did not enjoy it. This go around I am having fun training.
    That's almost the opposite of the problem I had. I really, really loved training in HS and in college, but didn't always like racing as much. Though I did have some very good meets and races back then, I was consistently a better practice swimmer than meet swimmer. This time around, it's a bit of the opposite in that my meet times are almost universally much better than my practice times would've predicted; it's not completely the opposite, though, as I enjoy training AND racing this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I suspect the only reason I don't think I dream swimming is I can't remember my dreams.
    I don't remember many of my dreams, but, like Kirk, when I do dream swimming, I dream about racing. I also talk a lot in my sleep. Back in HS at meets, my parents said I'd often talk about sets or races in my sleep. Sad, but true.
    Also catching up:

Dont get me wrong I love meets, but I seriously have enjoyed the training this go around. I think this was where I struggled towards the end of my college career, I looked at training as a necessary evil, a means to an end and i did not enjoy it. This go around I am having fun training.
    This is so true for me too.