View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 10/30/13: noon and evening

Rate this Entry
Morning: 200 FR/200 IM drill/4 x 50 b/c on :60

Kick swim pull with snorkel (board/AP/buoy middle 100 hard)
050 100 200
100 150 300
050 100 200

6 x 100 on 1:30
- odds = IM, evens = FR

100 Loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2550 yds/45 min)
-----------------------------
A wanted to swim for a longer period of time, but needed to get out early to bring Emma for her driver's license test (she passed ). We went to Chilli's to celebrate (if it's good enough for Michael Scott, it surely is for Michael Scott Leake). With a full stomach, I went in for a duoble:

100 FR/200 Bk drill/100 IM drill/100 drill

3 x
- 4 x 75 on 1:00
- 50 ick on 1:15
- 50 AFAP on :45 (:29, :27, :28)
- 100 float on 2:30

150 loosen and out
(Solo/Rec/2150 yds/40 min)
----------------------------
Good main set, despite some stomach stitches.
Got home and carved a #pumpkinswimmer:

Submit "Workout 10/30/13: noon and evening" to Digg Submit "Workout 10/30/13: noon and evening" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 10/30/13: noon and evening" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 10/30/13: noon and evening" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Great pumpkin! I printed out the SwimOutlet template for goggles but never got a pumpkin.
    I am not the most artistic person in the world, but with the help of that template my jack-o-lantern came out looking ok! No one else int he family likes to carve pumpkins, so it's been nice having the exchange kids here to give me an excuse to break out the knives.
    Templates lead to much more impressive pumpkins. I haven't carved one for quite a while - I think I did it the first year I was in my house. I bought a ton of candy because there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood and a number of houses decorate, but I didn't get a single trick or treater. I think most people around here go to the big "trunk or treat" events that several of the churches have - the kids go from car to car to get treats. I guess since it's after dark it makes sense but it doesn't seem as much fun to me. But it's definitely easier not to have to get the candy and corral the dog who goes nuts with excitement whenever a doorbell rings. This year will probably be the first where kids show up so I'll be one of those totally lame houses where the occupants hide in the back with the lights off.
    Thats hilarious. Love it!