500 various
2 x 200 @ 3:30, I did backstroke kick
4 x 100 @ 1:40, I did slide a fast 25 all kick
8 x 50 DPS free @ 50
16 x 25 @ :30
odds = fast breast
evens = EZ
8 x 25 burst + cruise on Jimby interval
-- he was doing 250 easy free with restricted breathing. when he hit the wall, I went.
50 EZ

Total: 2350

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a short workout today. I was tired from all the Rushall type sets of yesterday. Jim and I agreed that the masters recovery mode from USD is different. We also spent a lot of time chatting with our resident Hungarian Olympian and masters WR holder. He is a HIT/Rushall devotee. The bursts I was doing at the end were close to the 1:1 work to rest ratio that Rushall prescribes, but I didn't feel like I could do more than 4 in a row. Something to work on perhaps using his fail/skip method.

My lower left shoulder is really bugging me. I know it's a sign of a weak scapula. I really need to get back to the gym or at least do my RC/scap exercises more regularly.

15 swimmer stereotypes: http://swimswam.com/15-swimmer-stereotypes-fit/. Hmm, the only one that might fit me is the Flipper.

Submit "Thursday, Oct. 31" to Digg Submit "Thursday, Oct. 31" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, Oct. 31" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, Oct. 31" to Google

Updated October 31st, 2013 at 07:27 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Enjoyable swim today, Leslie. Tamas was never a world champion per se--his best placement, I am pretty sure, was 6th in the 400 IM LCM at Worlds. He does, however, have some world records now as a masters swimmer.
    Yep that's him. I would have guessed taller though, very imposing guy. His first st was ripping off 57s on a 1:05 interval.
    This is a good exercise that I do, well at least a version of it. It's not because I want to get stronger in butterfly, but because I need some lower scapula strength. It's pretty good and I am not sure if you do it. I don't do it everyday, because really 3x a week is all that you need. http://www.swimoutlet.com/weekly-swi...lexibility-tip
    I've done the W Verizon of that exercise. But I'll try he snow angel version too. Thx!