View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Beach day

Rate this Entry
This morning I coached the early TNYA workout, then headed out to the beach with Hannah. We took turns swimming from Grimaldo’s chair. I went to the aquarium and back, and enjoyed a good shiver on the beach after. The water was crisp and had some movement to it—not quite “sporty,” but at least a little jaunty. The sun was in and out, and with air temps in the 50s the beach was fairly empty. It felt like such a privilege to have the whole beautiful place to ourselves—or at least to share it with a few territorial seagulls, one of which kept trying to grab the edge of my beach blanket in its beak. Afterwards we went by the spa just a block from the beach that offers good $35 hour-long massages, then picked up a knish for the subway ride home. I treasure these fall beach days.

Submit "Beach day" to Digg Submit "Beach day" to del.icio.us Submit "Beach day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Beach day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Me too! And I'm glad to be able to revisit them in the blogosphere.
    $35 massage? Knish? Subway? I miss city life!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    $35 massage? Knish? Subway? I miss city life!
    Yes, that's Brighton Beach at its best! And I think it was pool tourist who turned me on to both the knish stand and the massage place. I now carry a little phonetic pronunciation guide with me in my beach bag, so that I can say "potato," "cabbage," and "thank you" in Russian.