View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Short and sprinty

Rate this Entry
Today I went to the Y midday for a long stretching session and a solo swim. Hereís how the latter went:

900 scy warmup (200fr, 300 st/fr by 25, 200 kick, 200 IM d/s by 25)

3x thru
4 x 25 FR @ :25, 1-3 desc. to sprint, 4 easy
3 x 50 FR @ 50, desc to sprint [fastest improved each round: 34, 33, 32]
3 x 50 K @ 1:00, desc to sprint [fastest was 46 (FL kick on back)]
50 easy

100 warmdown

The sprinting felt good, although I had to remind myself not to get pokey on the turnover during the last half, both kicking and swimming. I havenít done much all-out swimming since IGLA. Looking forward to improving the times as I work on this part of my swimming more.

Iíve been enjoying the earlier sunrise since the time changed, but hadnít been able to adjust my sleeping to the new hours. I can tell myself that Iím an early riser when I wake up at 4:30, and I generally enjoy having a bonus half-hour or so of quiet time to plan my day and prioritize desk stuff before heading off to swim. But 3:30am ówell, thereís no way to spin that as anything but insomnia. Finally this morning I slept until 5, so maybe my bodyís gotten the memo about that whole falling back thing!

Submit "Short and sprinty" to Digg Submit "Short and sprinty" to del.icio.us Submit "Short and sprinty" to StumbleUpon Submit "Short and sprinty" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments