View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 58 - Friday

Rate this Entry
Still no reoccurence of my kidney stone issue earlier in the week and still no word from my urologist as to whether they have even received the MRI. I have my appointment later today!

I woke feeling a little stiff after last nights weights session. I did not go full throttle last night but still had a good workout focusing on my legs.

Weights workout was my usual 3 rounds with each round reducing in number of reps from 10,8,6 and increasing weights from hard to max to fail(although last night I backed off one plate on fail and made all sets, so by definition I guess it was not fail last night).

3x(bench press, inclined becnh press, military press, seated row with hands inside, seated row with hands outside, lower back extension, leg extension, leg curls, leg press, lunges)

Todays swim workout was a mixed bag of tempo related sets.

Warmup
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45 focusing on left hand entry
4x200 kick on 3.20

Main set
10x100 on 1.20 swum 75 fast, 25 easy, with tempo trainer set to 0.84
50 easy
12x25 on 25 with tempo trainer set to 0.7
4x400 pull on 4.30

100 from the block AFAP

Warm down
50 easy

Total 4600 scy

I held 1.03's on the 10x100 set, this was a hard way to swim the 100's, going fast for 75 and then easy for 25. The tempo trainer drove me nuts again but when you find a tempo that works it helps a lot. On the 25s I hit the tempo really well. The 400's pull I held 4.15's. When our coach said to get ouyt and get up on the block I thought he was joking, to which he replied he was not. My legs were shaking pretty bad when I stood on the blocks and my arms felt like mush. One of the younger guys was also told to get up with me, and he was sent 4 seconds ahead of me and my goal was to catch him. I went out really hard and ended up going 52 which totally surprised me. Overall a good workout. Tomorrow we have practice and then I head to watch my daughters meet where she is swimming back. I am looking forward to not competing and having an opportunity to hang out with my daughter.

Submit "Week 58 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Week 58 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 58 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 58 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

  1. swimsuit addict's Avatar
    Nice 100 from the blocks, especially after that set!

    I think the battery on my tempo trainer is dying. It used to drive me crazy to use it over any distance, in part because it was so darn loud. I tried putting it as far away from my ears within my cap as I could manage, and burying it under my hair, but nothing worked. Recently its beeping has gotten a little softer, though, and it's easier to take. I still don't exactly like it ordering me to keep moving my arms when I'm tired, but it's better now that it speaks more gently (at least until its battery dies altogether).
  2. joel schmaltz's Avatar
    I have had issues with kidney stones for the past 5 years, so I feel your pain. I have had them "blasted" and have also needed a stent for a couple of weeks. Yuck! Hope all goes well.
  3. ndauksavage's Avatar
    Tell me what your dr says! I'm really going to miss having you at the meet this weekend. Whose going to tell me what I need to improve on? Hope you enjoy your time with your daughter I know she is excited about you watching!
  4. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Nice 100 from the blocks, especially after that set!

    I think the battery on my tempo trainer is dying. It used to drive me crazy to use it over any distance, in part because it was so darn loud. I tried putting it as far away from my ears within my cap as I could manage, and burying it under my hair, but nothing worked. Recently its beeping has gotten a little softer, though, and it's easier to take. I still don't exactly like it ordering me to keep moving my arms when I'm tired, but it's better now that it speaks more gently (at least until its battery dies altogether).
    Thanks. It definately surprised me too after that set and weights the night before.

    The volume of my tempo trainer is loud too. I don't have much hair to act as a sound barrier but would consider growing some if I knew it would work(assuming my folicals are up for it). I was considering putting the trainer inside the leg of my jammers but doubt it will work.
    Updated November 8th, 2013 at 09:23 PM by StewartACarroll
  5. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    I have had issues with kidney stones for the past 5 years, so I feel your pain. I have had them "blasted" and have also needed a stent for a couple of weeks. Yuck! Hope all goes well.
    The MRI did not show the stone so I am back to where I was before with nothing they can do. The advice was to drink more water and add lemons to my diet but other than that they can't do anything. It sucks, but like I said I am back to how I was feeling before the incident.
  6. StewartACarroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Tell me what your dr says! I'm really going to miss having you at the meet this weekend. Whose going to tell me what I need to improve on? Hope you enjoy your time with your daughter I know she is excited about you watching!
    You will do great. Remember to stay positive and stay long on all your strokes even when you get tired. Especially good luck in the 800. I know you will get your qualifier.

    Thanks. It will be good to get back to be an observer at one of her meets again. She is excited to be swimming backstroke again. Her goal is a AA time so we shall see.