View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 58 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
I woke feeling great this morning. The extra hour of sleep is really great on a Saturday morning. I also tend to have a cup of coffee before I swim which adds a little ummphh to my workout. Today was a mix of pace and distance and other than being tired towards the end I felt great.

Warmup
8x100 on 1.15

Main sets
3x(4x150 on 1.40, 200 active recovery on 3mins)
3x500 on 6mins with tempo trainer holding 1.05 pace
8x100 kick with fins on 1.20

Warm down
10x50 with snorkel working left hand entry

Total 6000 scy

i held 1.28-1.30 on all the 150s and despite these hurting I did not fade and felt strong throughout. We used the tempo trainer again which helps but drove me nuts. The 500s were much easier and I held 1.05 pace pretty comfortably. I worked the kick set and was under 1min on all of these.

I had planned on lifting today but my daughter is swimming at a meet so had to cut the total workout short so I could make it.

Submit "Week 58 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Week 58 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 58 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 58 - Saturday" to Google

Updated November 9th, 2013 at 03:34 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Amazing is about all I can say. That 150 set is truly impressive.
    Thanks Kirk. I was feeling pretty good this morning. It's been a tough week yardage, intensity and health wise so I was genuinely surprised how quick I swam yesterday and today.