View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 59 - Tuesday

Rate this Entry
I woke up tired this morning. Yesterdays workout caught up with me I guess! Despite being tired at the beginning of practice I worked as hard as I could but was very tired at the end of practice. I guess its going to take a while to adjust to the intensity.

Todays workout
3x(1 x 500 on 6:00 free breath 3 work walls, 4 x 50 on :35 free, 1 x 200 on 2:10)
2x(4 x 100 on 1:20 kick with fins, 3 x 100 on 1:00 free with fins, 4 x 25 on :30 under water)
12 x 75 on :50 fast
1 x 100 on 2:00 easy

Total 5300scy

I took the first round of Set 1 pretty easy and used it as a warmup. I made the send off times on round1 but within the set tried to use it as a warmup. Round two and three I built and on round 3 my 200 I went 1.59, which based on how I felt I was very pleased with. On the second set I held around 1min on the kick and then held all the 100's swim at 57's, which despite having fins on always seems to kick my butt. The hardest set of the day by far for me was the 12x75's where I held 45-46's. The last 6 were a mental battle to not slip off the pace despite having little rest. I was pleased I powered through the set and contribute most of my tiredness to this particular set.

I am swimming at the Baylor Masters meet on Saturday and I am entered on the 400 and 200 free, and the 50 back and 100IM. I was tempted to do the 1500m but need to be done early so decided to do the Back and IM.

Submit "Week 59 - Tuesday" to Digg Submit "Week 59 - Tuesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 59 - Tuesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 59 - Tuesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Good luck on Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Good luck on Saturday.
    Thanks Patrick. I think you and I are cut from the same cloth in that I like racing too. I am really looking forward to the weekend.