View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Tuesday, Nov. 12

Rate this Entry
by , November 12th, 2013 at 04:01 PM (262 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

600 various
4 x 50 scull w/agility paddles
9 x 50 various fly drills
50 EZ
6 x 25 shooters @ :40
50 EZ

20 x 25 free w/zoomers, 1 breath @ :30-35
100 EZ
3 x (4 x 25, UW 20 y, @:30 + 50 EZ)
100 EZ
5 x 50 DPS free
50 EZ

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just did a recovery workout. Tried to work on breath control. Mine stinks right now. I think allergies are interfering. I love our new puppy, but I am definitely allergic to her.

After I hopped out, one of the lifeguards (a varsity diver) said I do "the most intense workouts she's seen." I chuckled over that because there are always 3-4 college swimmers in at the same time I am. But they aren't doing HIT; their workouts are always 7,000+.

Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 12" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 12" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 12" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, Nov. 12" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

After I hopped out, one of the lifeguards (a varsity diver) said I do "the most intense workouts she's seen."
    Yes, you do.

You should be barred from setting records because you train too hard and are too good.
    I need to work on breath control too. It kills my walls and sdk's. I know I could improve If I could stay down longer. What should I do to increase my lung capacity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I need to work on breath control too. It kills my walls and sdk's. I know I could improve If I could stay down longer. What should I do to increase my lung capacity?
    You can't increase your lung capacity. You can only improve you CO2 tolerance. Race simulation breath control is the best. You could try only breathing between the flags, 25s and 50s free with 0-1 breath, shooters w/fins, etc. I wouldn't bother with the 3/5/7/9 breathing thing some coaches assign.

FYI, did Jim tell you that it is better to breath before the flags in the 50 free? According to Rushall, swimmers who did this had faster times to the 37.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Yes, you do.

You should be barred from setting records because you train too hard and are too good.
    Ha! I'm already handicapped with 24 years out of the pool and no aerobic base.

I don't really train that hard now, what with having basically given up drylands for the time being. Plus, I think even if us geezers could devote our entire life to training (which I can't), we couldn't do it bc our bodies would break down.