View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Mon/Tues. November 11-12, 2013

Rate this Entry
Monday morning was basically a zombie recovery swim. I don't know what exactly I did, but knew if I was going to swim, I'd have to do it from 7-8am, as that was the only timeslot available. I had to go to work by 10:00am for another 12 hours yesterday, bringing my daily total 16 in a row. Today will be 17, and by the time I do the meet on Saturday I'll have worked 20 days straight without a day off from work. My day off will consist of a 3 1/2 hour drive to Idaho, swim the best of the best events ever, and return home. My family is coming along, so it won't be boring on the road....plenty of and ...kids are great.

Monday Swim: 2500 Yards of long and easy stuff, swimming, kicking, pulling.
15 minutes of standing in the shower with the water as hot as possible trying to fall asleep.
7-11 hot chocolate afterward to wake up.

Tuesday (11:30-12:15pm)

It was a little nicer being more awake for my swim today. I had a little more pep to get going, and my times showed it.

Kind of a mish-mosh of stuff:

300 Free

8 x 50 Kick w/ board @ 1:00 (:45-:49)

6 x 100 Free Pull @ 1:25 (1:06-1:07s)

8 x 50 Kick w/ board @ 1:00 (:48-:50s)

16 x 25 (w/ short fins) @ random amount of rest (:20-:30 rest on each wall)
Odds SDK on back going 1/2way underwater.
Evens Sprint Fly feeling speedy with the fins on

----------------------------------
2100 Yards

Not sure how much my endurance will hold up at the meet this weekend. I'm thinking the 1650 will be my warmup for sure now. Focusing now on survival of the middle 200 in the 400 IM, and rocking a good 200 Fly time if possible. I can fake a 200 Fly when needed!

Submit "Mon/Tues. November 11-12, 2013" to Digg Submit "Mon/Tues. November 11-12, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Mon/Tues. November 11-12, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mon/Tues. November 11-12, 2013" to Google

Comments

Yeah! I need to fake a 200 SCM fly this weekend. However, I think that I am going to root for just finishing it since I didn't hit the pool yesterday and today. My work schedule is ruining my training regiment. You are more of a training trooper than I am right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Yeah! I need to fake a 200 SCM fly this weekend. However, I think that I am going to root for just finishing it since I didn't hit the pool yesterday and today. My work schedule is ruining my training regiment. You are more of a training trooper than I am right now.
    Yeah, I guess 2000 a day is more than ZERO.