View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 59 - Wednesday

Rate this Entry
I lifted last night and as is usual with me after I lift I was stiff and sore, but overall I felt ok. Todays workout was mainly recovery with some pretty long aerobic sets.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on 45

Main sets
3x500 free on 6 mins
3x300 kick on 5.15
2x1000 swim with snorkel on 12mins
10x50 odds on 35 free, evens on 40 back
200 breast from a dive swum with one of the junior racers who asked for me to pace them

Warm down
200 easy

Total 6000scy

The 500's seemed hard today despite being instructed to not push them and I went 5.30's on all of them. The 300's kick felt good and I was holding 4.30's and getting a nice rest on these. The 2x1000's I focused on left hand entry and went 11.30's. The original plan was to be done after the 2x1000's but the high schoolers were not at practice today so I was given more yardage. The 50's I felt strong but did not push and held 30's on the free and 35's on the back. The 200 breast was fun because I thought I was being setup to have an 12 year old whoop me but I ended up going 2.38 and was a long way ahead of him. Overall I felt good today and it was very nice to have a recovery workout.

Submit "Week 59 - Wednesday" to Digg Submit "Week 59 - Wednesday" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 59 - Wednesday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 59 - Wednesday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Nice 200 breast! Today was nice! I really enjoyed my 10x50s fly down free back with fins. So when are you doing the 100 fly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ndauksavage
    Nice 200 breast! Today was nice! I really enjoyed my 10x50s fly down free back with fins. So when are you doing the 100 fly?
    Thanks. Your workout today was SO different from mine. After the kick set I was expecting 3x200 from the blocks. Don't know why but that's what I was predicting. I have never been happier to swim 1000 s. I stuck around for another 20mins or so.

Tom discussed an inter squad and a team social with Kathy and Roy. If we do an inter squad I will do the 100 fly. Otherwise I will have to find a masters meet to do it at. Scott would not be happy if I beat him in the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Thanks. Your workout today was SO different from mine. After the kick set I was expecting 3x200 from the blocks. Don't know why but that's what I was predicting. I have never been happier to swim 1000 s. I stuck around for another 20mins or so.

Tom discussed an inter squad and a team social with Kathy and Roy. If we do an inter squad I will do the 100 fly. Otherwise I will have to find a masters meet to do it at. Scott would not be happy if I beat him in the fly.
    Mine was very different today which is unusual but I enjoyed today's workout. I would love to see you and Scott race in the 100 fly especially if you beat him! I hope we do have an inter squad meet and a social maybe this year I will actually go to the social last year I got lost trying to follow the hand written map and didn't have anybody's number! I'm so excited about the meet this weekend I emailed them to switch the 100 IM for the 100 fly but haven't heard back yet. I need a 1:21 for worlds in the 100 fly and I think I can do that. Do we get a counter for the 400 SCM?
    Nice 200 breast!
    I agree, that's an incredible 200 breast! Heck, I'd love to go that time in a meet!
    I haven't seen that you do a ton of breaststroke in your normal workouts, but maybe I'm just not too observant. How did it feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I agree, that's an incredible 200 breast! Heck, I'd love to go that time in a meet!
    I haven't seen that you do a ton of breaststroke in your normal workouts, but maybe I'm just not too observant. How did it feel?
    i am definitely not a breaststroker and don't typically do any breast outside of the odd IM here and there. It's a toss up between breast and fly as to which is my worst stroke. I am a long axis swimmer for sure. That said it was fun doing the 200 breast this morning and it felt very smooth. I think my overall conditioning helped in that I did not die. It's always fun swimming against the kids to see if they can beat the old guy!
    Mine was very different today which is unusual but I enjoyed today's workout. I would love to see you and Scott race in the 100 fly especially if you beat him! I hope we do have an inter squad meet and a social maybe this year I will actually go to the social last year I got lost trying to follow the hand written map and didn't have anybody's number! I'm so excited about the meet this weekend I emailed them to switch the 100 IM for the 100 fly but haven't heard back yet. I need a 1:21 for worlds in the 100 fly and I think I can do that. Do we get a counter for the 400 SCM?
    I think Scott wi back out of a 100 at this point but it would be fun racing him. He is quick and I would likely be behind at 50 but that second 50 would be interesting.

You our will swim great this weekend. Don't let the 800 change the way you approach your 400. It may have hurt and felt bad but your time was great. I don't think you have a counter in the 400 scm but it's been so long singe I swam it I honestly don't remember. My memory is not.
    At the SCM meet I went to last December you had the option of a counter for the 400.