View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:30-10:15am

Rate this Entry
Warmup:

500 Free
(500/500)

10 x 50 Flutter Kick w/ board @ 1:00 (:50s)
(500/1000)

8 x 125 Free Pull @ Desc. Interval 2:00, 1:55, 1:50...down to 1:25
Held 1:25s on all of them
(1000/2000)

100 EZ

300 EZ Kick w/ board
an elderly gentleman joined my lane and I was going to 'assess the situation' before I did anything to capsize him. There wasn't another lane to go to, all were full, so

100 EZ swim w/ the last 25 Fly Fast - pushed off to avoid my lanemate and then sprinted

-----------------------------
2500 Yards

Submit "Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to Digg Submit "Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:30-10:15am" to Google

Comments

full meaning 2 per lane or the other swimmers who are probably the same speed didn't want to circle swim for the continuous swim. Stop swimming so much!
    Full meaning...yes 2 per lane. No one here understands circle swimming. I tell them it's like driving a car...stay on the right. "What about on the way back?" "Stay on the right!" My lane was all to myself, so by default the next person comes to my lane and says "can I share the lane with you?"

What am I supposed to do? Throw a complete fit, or let him come and swim with me? (and then drown 'em with a big fly set) :devilJames: I'm actually pretty courteous to my lanemates. If I'm not already in the middle of something serious, I don't usually try to drown them with intense stuff.
    No one at my pool understands circle swimming either and people will wait a long time for their own lane. I almost always offer to split my lane with people regardless of their speed though if I'm doing sprints or fly I am not so quick to do it. Occasionally I'll use their presence as an excuse to get out of swimming those, though. It's pretty rare that I'll have to share for longer than 15 minutes, though.

Also when I'm swimming I stick to one side of the lane so that if someone comes in they know I'm willing to split the lane. This usually doesn't backfire on me - the people who ask to split generally have enough skill that it's easy enough to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    No one at my pool understands circle swimming either and people will wait a long time for their own lane. I almost always offer to split my lane with people regardless of their speed though if I'm doing sprints or fly I am not so quick to do it. Occasionally I'll use their presence as an excuse to get out of swimming those, though. It's pretty rare that I'll have to share for longer than 15 minutes, though.

Also when I'm swimming I stick to one side of the lane so that if someone comes in they know I'm willing to split the lane. This usually doesn't backfire on me - the people who ask to split generally have enough skill that it's easy enough to share.
    I've seen people lined up waiting for lanes, and I just go to a lane, get them to start circling, and get in and swim. I'm not there to sit and watch!!