View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rate this Entry
by , November 14th, 2013 at 06:05 PM (276 Views)
SCY@Fort Myers Aquatic Center
Air temp of 67, pool at 80
Partly cloudy skies with humidity at 76%

Warm up
400 IM kick
400 IM as 25DR/25S
8x25 SDK frontside UW on 1:00 *:15s-:14s

*Set 1*
5(8x25 on :30, EZ 50 on 1:00) 2x25 each IMO
* Fly 16s-15s, BK 17s-15s, BR 20, FR 14s
---right into;
4x50 IMO on 1:00 *Fly/32, BK/33, BR/40, FR/30

*Set 2*
20x100 FR on 1:30
*1-5) 1:11-1:06, w/HP-tube-buoy
*6-10) 1:07-1:01, w/HP
*11-15) 1:04-1:00, CU-FR w/Fins
*16-20) :58-:53, w/Fins

Warm down
200 EZ

Comments:
The FGCU Aquatic Center LCM pool is being repaired and renovated with re-opening target of December 14.

Obviously I have not been posting workouts for quite awhile, which in part is due to teaching a community evening ESL English class, along with less time to train this fourth quarter due to increased volume of work. I still get in the water most weekdays just that I have less time, so generally less volume but more intensity. Today was the longest pool workout in several weeks.

My short term focus is 200 IM, 100 & 50 in Fly, Bk, and FR. Planning to swim SCM at Coral Springs mid December, and then several SCY meets January - February. Depending on work schedule and my progress in SCY competition, I may consider the YMCA Nationals SCY in Sarasota on April 10-13. I am still doing 1 or 2 longer swims of 45-60 minutes each week to maintain OW base, and I expect to the swim the annual 5k OW at Miramar Lakes two after the YMCA Nationals.

Now I have some friends with boats so that on Saturday or Sunday mornings if weather/tides are favorable, we motor out in the Gulf where the water is clear to do some 2-4 mile OW swims.

Submit "Thursday, November 14, 2013" to Digg Submit "Thursday, November 14, 2013" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday, November 14, 2013" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday, November 14, 2013" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Welcome back Frank. I have missed your posts.

I am glad you are still swimming and by the looks of things you have set some great goals. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your activities as work and other commitments ease up and change.
    Glad to see you posting again ... and I am very jealous of your proximity to the Gulf and your friends ...

Now I have some friends with boats so that on Saturday or Sunday mornings if weather/tides are favorable, we motor out in the Gulf where the water is clear to do some 2-4 mile OW swims.
    ... that sounds exquisite.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Welcome back Frank. I have missed your posts.

I am glad you are still swimming and by the looks of things you have set some great goals. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your activities as work and other commitments ease up and change.
    Thank you, as always, for your consistent support and encouragement for myself and so many others on this forum. I hope to be more active soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Glad to see you posting again ... and I am very jealous of your proximity to the Gulf and your friends ...

... that sounds exquisite.
    Yes, the Gulf water away from the beaches is wonderful for OW swimming. While I like boats, I would rather have friends with boats, and reciprocate in other ways, than have a boat myself. After being here in SWF for over two years, we are adapting more towards what this area has to offer.