View RSS Feed

swimsuit addict

Change of plans

Rate this Entry
For the second time this week I found myself opting out of a beach swim at the last minute. This morning I was packed and ready to head out the door when I remembered to check the subways. Turned out my usual train wasn’t running, and getting to the beach would involve more time and hassle and shuttle buses than I wanted to invest in a short swim. (That was at least an improvement over Monday, when I felt unwell half way out to Brighton and had to just around and come back.) Luckily there was a swim practice near my house midday today that I went to instead. It was packed—we had six or more per lane. I ended up with five good lanemates, and enjoyed the workout a lot. Here’s what I did:

900 scy warmup, various

12 x 50 @ :55, IM progression (4 x (fl/bk, bk/br, br/fr, fr/fl))

400 IM kick

2 x 100 @ 1:50
1 x 150 @ 1:50
1 x 50 @ 1:50
4 x 100 @ 1:50
4 x 100 @ 1:50
2 x 100 @ 1:50
[This set looks confusing, but it was actually very cool. On each swim, the first person in the lane did a 150, the last person in the lane did a 50, and everyone in the middle did 100s, all on the same interval (1:50). After each swim the first person moved to the back, and we cycled around 3 times, so it was essentially 3 fast 150s with lots of active rest in between. I just barely made mine (1:47-1:48). I really enjoyed the esprit de lane this set created—we all got to encourage whoever was doing their fast swim, and congratulate them when they came in.]

8 x 50 ST, #s 4 and 8 fast [BK on first 4 (35), BK/BR on second 4 (39+)]

200 warmdown

I was very happy after workout to remember that the lunch I had packed for the beach was in my beach bag waiting for me. It all worked out in the end!

Submit "Change of plans" to Digg Submit "Change of plans" to del.icio.us Submit "Change of plans" to StumbleUpon Submit "Change of plans" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments