View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Nov. 18

Rate this Entry
by , November 18th, 2013 at 02:38 PM (254 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Pitt

600 various
100 scull
100 evil kick
5 x (25 shooter + 25 feet first scull w/fins)
50 EZ
6 x 50 fly drills
6 x 50 DPS free @ 1:00
50 EZ
2 rounds of:
20 x 25 w/fins @ :30, all 25s done 15 m UW
odds = free
evens = back kick
100 EZ between rounds

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just did a recovery workout today. I'm really sore from training and the meet. Looking at my flog, I've done 3 weeks of hard training, so my body probably thinks it's time for a recovery week. But I hate to take one now bc I'll start tapering for NE Champs in two weeks. I may just work on short speed tomorrow.

I checked the results of the meet. They had my 25 back listed at 12.94, which is what I thought I saw on the electronic timing, rather than 12.38. It's still a PR though and very good for a so-so pool and no rest. Looking ahead to the Sewickley meet on Dec. 1, I'll probably swim 50 fly, 50 back, 25 free and 25 breast, though it might behoove me to swim the 100 IM.

I met John Kuzmkowski at the Y meet. He's swum 2000+ miles already this year and is aiming to break the record.

Submit "Monday, Nov. 18" to Digg Submit "Monday, Nov. 18" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Nov. 18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Nov. 18" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

How does John Kuzmkowski he swim all those miles? Swimming that much would be his job almost. Leslie, the pool didn't look that bad from the youtube clips. Just looked a little too cloudy!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    How does John Kuzmkowski he swim all those miles? Swimming that much would be his job almost. Leslie, the pool didn't look that bad from the youtube clips. Just looked a little too cloudy!
    He spends half the day swimming; it is his job.

That pool was not too bad. Only 3 feet deep in one end. I doubt I'll ever do Y meets where the pool is uniformly 3-4 feet deep. Too freaking dangerous to dive!