View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 11/22/13: morning

Rate this Entry
I've had some late nights as of late, but good times with the family as the reason. Our girl from Germany treated us to many kinds of gingerbread-based desserts that her folks sent for us to sample, and we all stayed up late with tea and conversation. A really great time.

Hopped in for a swim this morning:

200 Fr/200 IM drill/200 Bk/4x50 b/c

800 Shark Swim

400 and out
(Solo/Rec/2000 yds/45 min)
----------------------------

The lane was clear during warmups, then started to get invaded by the regular morning folks who all decided today would be a great day to come at the same time. I set my eyes on 400 of shark swim with the idea that some would get out, but they kept going (at their various speeds) so I did another 400. At this point in the day, two more people came in and I tried to do some 50's in between traffic, but could never get a clear half-pool to go. So I just took a deep breath and filled in with IG and got out.

Busy weekend planned, starting now. Looking forward to the HOPE Harvest Dinner tonight, where the church plant is teaming up with the kids group that Pastor has been running for a few years, to share a meal with their families. Most likely either mom or dad might come, but not both, but it will give the kdis the chance to serve their parents and take on the responsibilities of planning the aspects of the meal. I'm really looking forward to it.

Submit "Workout 11/22/13: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 11/22/13: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 11/22/13: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 11/22/13: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

but could never get a clear half-pool to go
    a little Fly never hurt anyone...and at times it can clear the lane too.