View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Week 61 - Friday PM

Rate this Entry
I took a very short knap and had a big lunch between workouts. I listened to some tunes and read a little before heading back to the pool with the same excitement I had this morning. I missed the memo about dry land so ended up swimming for 30mins on my own while everyone else did dry land. This afternoon was long and recoveryish which I guess from the sounds of the kids they felt like they needed it. I felt strong throughout and had no ill effects from this mornings swim. Back to masters swimming in the morning and will lift after practice. I may swim a little longer tomorrow morning but I will see how I feel when I wake up, I suspect I will be stiff based on today's yardage.

Warmup
400 swim with snorkel
6x50 catchup drill on 45
10x100 pull on 1.15 breathing every 5
10x50 kick on 1min

Main sets
100x50 swum as 20 drill on 40, 20 pull on 35, 20 swim on 45, 20 kick on 50, 20 back on 55
5x50 kick on 45
5x50 fly,free by 25 on 40
5x50 back,free by 25 on 35
5x50 free on 30

Total 8300scy

This was just long. The only hard part was the last 15x50s. It was funny at the end we were asked to take a 10 second heart rate and Jared Butler had 35 where as I had a 22. He was amazed and thought I must be ultra fit, and Neil looked at me and laughed and said that maybe the case but he is just old. I laughed so hard, because it's so true, no matter how hard I try I could not get my heart rate back up that high. I had a really fun day and I am really looking forward to a hard week next week culminating in the USAS COR classic meet next weekend. I have not swum on the back of a training camp since college so it will be interesting to see if I can get here old bones going after all that yardage. The competitive juices are still flowing so I suspect I will do just fine.

Submit "Week 61 - Friday PM" to Digg Submit "Week 61 - Friday PM" to del.icio.us Submit "Week 61 - Friday PM" to StumbleUpon Submit "Week 61 - Friday PM" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

So just your average 15K+ day!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    So just your average 15K+ day!
    Yeah I know. The surprising thing is I am not feeling that bad either(right now anyhow). My GTD yardage is going to go up significantly the next two weeks.

I keep telling myself I only have about 3 weeks until we start dropping yardage for my taper meet in January so this is my final push both yardage and intensity wise for a while.
    I'm envious you got the double in today! The pool we are training at over break (since the college facility is closed) did not open until 8 am this morning so the junior national crew and I were told not to do a morning workout because the turnaround was going to be too short (and a couple of the guys have to travel 30+ minutes to practice so they would get home from practice #1 and then have to turn right around to clme back).

Always feels good cracking the 5 digit mark!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    I'm envious you got the double in today! The pool we are training at over break (since the college facility is closed) did not open until 8 am this morning so the junior national crew and I were told not to do a morning workout because the turnaround was going to be too short (and a couple of the guys have to travel 30+ minutes to practice so they would get home from practice #1 and then have to turn right around to clme back).

Always feels good cracking the 5 digit mark!
    I only live 10 mins from our pool so getting to and from is never a challenge, and I am definately lucky in that regard.

It did feel good knowing I can still do that kind of yardage(in a sick way) although I definately felt it today. I am glad I was not back with the senior racers today based on how I felt in the water. I will be swimming with them next week in the afternoons so I need to recover quickly. I think my biggest challenge next week will the time it takes me to recover!